143.45 mph in Indy. Now on to Ocala....

• Sounds like the “lawnmower” has officially been put out to pasture hacking grass!! My question now is, can anyone beat the White Panda??

:00008040: :00008040: :00008040: VIVA LA ECOTEC :00008040: :00008040: :00008040:

Don’t count the lawnmower out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Here ya go.

Once we finally convinced @rabtech that we weren't bracket racing on Sunday he got the job done. Ocala is going to be interesting for sure.

There are certain laws that have to be dealt with and we are about to the point where it gets exponentially more complex and expensive to gain each mph. I wish each and every competitor good luck in their quest to go faster but remind everyone to keep safety in mind. Striving to reach these goals is the toughest job you'll ever love but remember that it is all for fun. There are no 72 virgins at the end of the track!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Once we finally convinced @rabtech that we weren't bracket racing on Sunday he got the job done. Ocala is going to be interesting for sure.
    There are certain laws that have to be dealt with and we are about to the point where it gets exponentially more complex and expensive to gain each mph. I wish each and every competitor good luck in their quest to go faster but remind everyone to keep safety in mind. Striving to reach these goals is the toughest job you'll ever love but remember that it is all for fun. There are no 72 virgins at the end of the track!

Completely agree that we need to keep this all safe and on the track only trying these kind of speeds. If you would have told me in Ocala last time that @rabtech would set the record and be over 143mph after this event I would not have believed it. Especially after it was such a battle to get over 130mph in Florida last time. So, with the huge gains in speed we saw at Indy, who knows what will happen at Ocala this October, all I know is I am looking forward to it! Hope to have some more participates come out there with other Slingshots and experience it. The 1/2 mile events are a lot of fun and it would be great to see how some other setups run and see what they do. Definitely will be interesting to see what @StickerDick shows up with also, can't count him out, Jamie @oneshot has been making big power with the Honda since last time at Ocala and if @StickerDick has those kind of numbers and can get it to hook, it will be crazy. @Kyle D has already shown that they are coming to dominate and have the knowledge and resources to go after it. I have the feeling we will have to step it up again and to stay ahead in Ocala and keep the record. This is getting exciting and October can't come fast enough :)

@ericastar76 - Now I want some "Viva la Ecotec" stickers ;)

• Completely agree that we need to keep this all safe and on the track only trying these kind of speeds. If you would have told me in Ocala last time that @rabtech would set the record and be over 143mph after this event I would not have believed it. Especially after it was such a battle to get over 130mph in Florida last time. So, with the huge gains in speed we saw at Indy, who knows what will happen at Ocala this October, all I know is I am looking forward to it! Hope to have some more participates come out there with other Slingshots and experience it. The 1/2 mile events are a lot of fun and it would be great to see how some other setups run and see what they do. Definitely will be interesting to see what @StickerDick shows up with also, can't count him out, Jamie @oneshot has been making big power with the Honda since last time at Ocala and if @StickerDick has those kind of numbers and can get it to hook, it will be crazy. @Kyle D has already shown that they are coming to dominate and have the knowledge and resources to go after it. I have the feeling we will have to step it up again and to stay ahead in Ocala and keep the record. This is getting exciting and October can't come fast enough :)
    @ericastar76 - Now I want some "Viva la Ecotec" stickers ;)

I am contemplating this for the NA guys. Just want to do some testing of ideas more than anything. You know,.... R&D expenses.... :D

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• OK Dave what is next for the Lone Wolf

No way we can let that Pansy Panda beat up on a Grey Wolf!

Nitrous? I hear it is fun ;)

Oh snap, that’s right… The wolf actually have some sharp paws now!
    TIME TO FLEX THE WOLF’S MIGHT!!! :thumbsup:

Yeap, his is pretty strong right now, he might need some more oreo power to catch @rabtech though ;) @ericastar76 are you going to be able to make it down to Ocala? If so, let me know if you want to travel down together.

• Nitrous? I hear it is fun ;)

Yeap, his is pretty stronge right now, he might need some more oreo power to catch @rabtech though ;) @ericastar76 are you going to be able to make it down to Ocala? If so, let me know if you want to travel down together.

I’m trying to shift around some stuff at work now... there’s a high probability if we can’t get insurance for Roebling, that I’ll be there to watch the lawnmower get mowed! But I’m really trying to attend both events.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I’m trying to shift around some stuff at work now... there’s a high probability if we can’t get insurance for Roebling, that I’ll be there to watch the lawnmower get mowed! But I’m really trying to attend both events.

That is a bummer if Roebling doesn't work out, road courses are more of our type of thing and I really want to come to that event. If it doesn't happen, I think you will love Ocala. The racing is fun, but seeing all the other cars really is cool.

• It sounds as though that several have more HP to offer in order to push past the poor aero design and improve on max speed.

Both guys talked about the management of traction in take off and throughout the run.

And both talked about the handling getting squirrelly and light at the end of runs.

The issue also becomes downforce (or reducing lift) at the higher speeds to keep the wheels connected to the pavement. Otherwise it will be like driving on water.

Be safe in this quest.

• It does get super light toward the end of the run. I gently moved my steering wheel to put me more in the center of my lane and it really over corrected. You just need to get your lane position worked out before you get to 100 and then lock your arms in the rest of the way. We did have a crosswind to deal with but it didn't bug me as bad as it did Kyle. That may have been because I'm kinda used to crosswinds on the interstate I run on at night alot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I've been wondering if either @rabtech or @Kyle D has had the opportunity to run it out to see what the actual top speed might be. There were claims over on TDS of 185 which pretty much everyone called BS on, even though the guy stuck to his guns on his claim. It seems y'all might be able to hit something like that without the half mile limitation...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I've been wondering if either @rabtech or @Kyle D has had the opportunity to run it out to see what the actual top speed might be. There were claims over on TDS of 185 which pretty much everyone called BS on, even though the guy stuck to his guns on his claim. It seems y'all might be able to hit something like that without the half mile limitation...

185 in kilometers maybe :whistling: . Probably the same guy that was going around posting a video claiming really high speeds in a slingshot... that was in KPH :| .

• For me I was really affected by the crosswinds and it getting really light at the end. I dealt with crosswinds at SpeedFest when I hit 131 but they felt very manageable as we definitely had higher winds at SpeedFest. The 140 mark was a lot sketchier for me personally. The one thing I did notice specifically about the Indy track is the right lane had a rather large hump in it right before the finish line so I tried to run the left lane for all my runs as there was no hump in it at the end. You could avoid it for the most part if you stuck to the far left of the right lane. Your front wheel would still hit it but the back would miss it which is what gave me the most trouble but getting locked in that close to the flag at the end was also an issue for me since I was already all over the place I didn't want to hit the sand bags and take out the flag either. I think this really is going to come down to brute forcing past the aero deficiencies of the slingshot. Both Rab and I were still running the same speeds for the most part regardless of what we were removing or taping off.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke