143.45 mph in Indy. Now on to Ocala....

• Thanks @Kyle D and congrats to you for your efforts. Running straight up with a Hellcat gives you some bragging rights! @rabtech might have taken this round but something tells me it's not over. I'll look forward to the next installment. 150 is on the radar!

I think that Hellcat had a driver mod. lol There was another Hellcat there that was running +150s all day. But neither of us is that far off the 150 mark. Ocala is going to be exciting for sure.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Kyles media guy may have stuff coming but you got to remember guys this is a half mile drag taking place on an active airport, once or twice a day we were shut down while an aircraft had to take off, and for those reasons , spectators stands are placed way off the active runway even beyond the parallel taxi way . the stands are about half way down so trying to see the guys on the starting line 1/4 mile away and across the field, with any detail is almost impossible, then as they go by you way across the field, its another 1/4 mile to the finish line so being a speed trap event you rely a lot on the announcer and the mph posted in front of the stands as they cross the finish line. So any real video with phones isn,t going to give you any detail . But heres one I shot of Rabtech's many many runs trying to catch Kyles record run of 141.38 the day before. It was so cool watching him chat with Dave by phone then pull out the laptop and tune away and almost consistently setting a new personal best by a half mph or so over his last run, so it was a big day for him all along and the Panda grin confirmed it! Then sure enough on his last run of a long, hot weekend he nailed it! 143.45 m.p.h.

Here is a video I shot of one of his runs earlier where he set a nice run of 140.84 (a personal best at that time) closing the gap held by Kyle but the announcer was focused on the media event of a veteran guy in the other slower car running so you didn't get much talk about the slingshot this run but typically the announcer would talk up the slingshots well making note of the enormous Horse Power being generated by these Ecotec's and the fact that there were two of them pursuing new world records being set live this weekend right there. So that was cool. but my phone was still focused on the long shot as I swung it around to Rab,s time display as he crossed the line out of sight but it does say 140.84

But you get the point, in a half mile run at an active airport, they're isn't going to be a lot of action video for you until you can provide us with a drone capable of the keeping up with the world's fastest slingshots, as they proved it time and time again , repeatedly over 140 mph. ! ( good luck finding that drone, unless of course ZZP or DDM decide to get into the drone business, lol )

• So is that an official registered high speed record for a slingshot...

these are only for top speed in 1/2 mile and as far as we here know yes the 143.?? that Rabtech hit is the highest speed documented 1/2 mile run that has been posted about here.

Has someone else who is not on this forum done better in 1/2 mile? I have no clue, but I seriously doubt it. Having said this if distance is not a factor I wouldn't be surprised to find out that someone has gone faster

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• a silly idea - I was looking at some slingshot pictures and I noticed how much more aerodynamic the addition of the corbin bags makes the back of slingshot look. I was wondering if having some type of back faring shaped sort of like this might help the air flow around the back of the slingshot without creating as much drag as we are now getting

not only might this be a way to greatly reduce drag, but a little extra weight back their might also help with traction

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 2 things.....

1. My weight is a big help from take off up to about 100mph.

2. My weight is a big hindrance once I get to 100mph
    (And also every day of my life, but that is another story)

Number 2 would be a problem if I didn't have plenty of power in reserve.. I know it sounds crazy... but i still have quite a bit of power still available. I am only at 19psi and peaking 21psi now. I guessing my stopping spot will be around 28psi. I think that is where I will develop knock and wont be able to control it with fuel. (That is my guess)

Dave is pretty good at only letting me have a little bit more power each run. He only wants to use what he has to.

Even when I called him with the news that I hit 143 I could tell that he was shocked that his last adjustment carried me that far above the normal 1 to 2 mph gains we had been getting.

I guess you only want to show the least amount of power so your competitors wont know how to prepare to beat you. ( again I'm guessing) I just drive it. ;-)

• and yes. 143.45mph in 1/2 mile is the fastest slingshot so far. I have never seen a slingshot run faster than that even on an open stretch of road. And you definitely cant use the speedometer to judge it. Mine said 135 when I was actually at 143....

Now please dont go out and get hurt or wreck trying to make a video with your phone in gps mode to prove you can go faster than 143. Hell if you are that determined I'll just let you say you can run 145. I dont want to loose anyone trying to video a speedometer.

143 is really noisy and the steering is super super touchy....

• I was glad I stopped out there on Sunday to meet Rab, Kev, and Ghost. Maybe next year I’ll participate just to see what a basic supercharged SS can do. It was a nice day in Indiana, but man I got fried by the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• It was great getting to meet everyone this weekend. We definitely had a good time but no one had to rock me to sleep when we got home last night. I wuzz plum woz out! This weekend was a great example of what racing is all about. Great competition, everyone ready and willing to do anything to assist anyone in improving their efforts. I'm not going to try and name everyone because I know I'll leave someone out but a big THANK YOU goes out to each and everyone there this weekend. Looking forward to racing with all of you in the future.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• heh @StickerDick I've noticed in the past you like to ham it up A bit and poke the Panda when you get a chance, and last week you posted you couldn't make this event as you were awaiting the arrival of your new rebuilt Honda capable of doing 135mph at Ocala My question now is , is it too late for a refund ? :thumbsup:

Yea.. It looks like i missed out on all of the fun... Was wondering where the documentation for all of these speeds is? I assume in the matrix somewhere? congratulations on the 143+mph.... I guess I'll need to start eating more pancakes and change from the brushed blue to white and Black huh? Would like to see the timeslips when you guys get a chance... but, still very impressive! Maybe the "Lawnmower" can hopefully get to the magic numbers... we will just have to see?

• I made sure to give the proper credits due.... if you guys can ever get over your fear of Face Book, you'll see that I even gave him credit on Three's da Life! Looking forward to Ocala even more now!!! I hope ALL ofthe hard work we all are putting inrto our rides will pay off in full come October!!

• Yea.. It looks like i missed out on all of the fun... Was wondering where the documentation for all of these speeds is? I assume in the matrix somewhere? congratulations on the 143+mph.... I guess I'll need to start eating more pancakes and change from the brushed blue to white and Black huh? Would like to see the timeslips when you guys get a chance... but, still very impressive! Maybe the "Lawnmower" can hopefully get to the magic numbers... we will just have to see?

2018 Indy Airstrip Attack Presented by Drag965 and ICMC - Event Stats If you scroll down about 2/3 of the page it goes to top overall speeds by competitor. It's in aplhabetical order. I'm #53 and @rabtech was #72. However, I've attached a screen shot of my email pulled from "the matrix" where it shows all of my runs as well. There was talk on Sunday morning that I may have been sand bagging a bit on Saturday at first and running nitrous with the 10mph jumps. I can neither confirm or deny those allegations. :P I can confirm however, that I was NOT the fastest that weekend. But dammit it was fun! I also would like to state that I will accept cash or a cashiers check in Ocala. ;) ALL IN GOOD FUN LADIES AND GENTS!!!

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke