143.45 mph in Indy. Now on to Ocala....

• I just want to add that I think it is impressive that with these things being pushed as hard as they were there dont seem to be any major mechanical breakdowns - pretty darn good when the only thing that "blows" is a shift knob

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you know @'edwardaneal I couldn't agree more with that line of thinking , and with the track days too. I always wondered as they are Polaris first entry into high speed autos about tie rod strength , ball joints, handling issues etc and when I see the punishment alot of these machines are put through on a daily basis , I am absolutely impressed, and when put into proportion with the constant whining of some about a few loose screws etc Give me a break!

• Hats off to both of you for breaking new ground for those of us that are in constant search of more power and speed. I’m both envious as well as happy as shit for your success. :thumbsup::thumbup: Great job to all of you that have been working hard to achieve this.

• you know @'edwardaneal I couldn't agree more with that line of thinking , and with the track days too. I always wondered as they are Polaris first entry into high speed autos about tie rod strength , ball joints, handling issues etc and when I see the punishment alot of these machines are put through on a daily basis , I am absolutely impressed, and when put into proportion with the constant whining of some about a few loose screws etc Give me a break!

70,000 miles and have never really had any problems, except for the recalls. Well there was that ditch, last year.

Yes, the Slingshot does seem to have been engineered reasonably well, especially from a crash-survival standpoint, but many of the bean-counter-driven decisions such as the original headlight circuitry, the cheap-as-possible noisy angle drive (which at least seems to be holding up reasonably well) and a few other issues such as sloppy assembly procedures and the use of non-torque-limited (evidently) tools to assemble the Slingshot which, when combined with the soft cheese used for the fasteners, seems to have led to cross-threaded body panel screws, all-too-easily stripped hood panel insert screws and stripped seat screws which collectively may contribute to lowered resale value. Despite these complaints, I still enjoy my Slingshot and hope to do so for as long as possible, if I can ever get the hood properly realigned so I can actually drive it again. :cursing: Overall, the fun outweighs the irritants. :D

• Good to see you guys both made it over 140mph! :)

If it were me, I would look long and hard on how far I could lower my Slingshot after removing the front lower nose. Something tells me if there is less air going under the Slingshot, you will see a big difference in drag from the big akward rear wheel. That area is a killer on the Slingshot.

Also, I would be sure to run a low ripper windscreen and tape up some areas. Still have one for sale if someone is in need before the FL event....

Sure would be great if someone could actually get a slingshot in a wind tunnel with some smoke and see how air flows around it with and without windshields and other add ons so that the aerodynamics could be evaluated and optimized

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We need more videos and pictures... just say'n.

Congrats to all the drivers, owners and wrenchers who made these times happen. Hats off to all of you.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Congrats to all the drivers, owners and wrenchers who made these times happen. Hats off to all of you.

Any videos of Rab and/or Kyle D setting these records; just saying!!! Regardless, impressive results. I have had my SS over 100 MPH (quit laughing) and the turbulence was bad even then.

We had our media guy there taking pics and video I believe of the entire event. It usually takes a few days to go through and edit everything. I will post some links once it is all up. The video will likely go to our youtube channel ZZPerformance Official
    - YouTube
    and photos will go to our FB and Instagram ZZPerformance (@zzperformance) • Instagram photos and videos pages. I can also post some stuff in the gallery section for those that do not participate in social media. @rabtech If you would rather I not post those links above in here, let me know and I can take those down.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Or even one video or picture! I thought I read something about a drone working the event. I'm also wondering what was the fastest overall: time and vehicle. Way to represent the Slingshot community guys!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Or even one video or picture! I thought I read something about a drone working the event. I'm also wondering what was the fastest overall: time and vehicle. Way to represent the Slingshot community guys!

If you want to check stats for the event you can see that here 2018 Indy Airstrip Attack Presented by Drag965 and ICMC - Event Stats The fastest overall speed was 259.97 in a yellow 2015 Lamborghini Huracan. Our drone guy could not make it so we only have media from one of our camera guys. I didn't take many pics since we had media there but below is a pic taken by @kev of @rabtech, @Ghost, and myself I THINK on Sunday morning. The other is of my SS Sunday afternoon once we both started ripping out seats, body panels, front bumpers, and I started experimenting with taping things off. I made a small wing in the back which actually helped stabilized the rear a bit but it was definitely not enough. I'm not sure removing all the shit we did actually made a difference or if me taping everything off really did anything other than wasting tape because we were both running close to our consistent speeds from the previous day and the only time either of us went faster was when we turned the boost up more. But that's what R&D testing is all about so. If nothing else we maybe learned a few things this past weekend.

In my opinion we all had some good conversations regarding our setups and techniques. I was also really impressed that when I had broken my shifter and I was wandering around trying to fix it before we went to the machine shop @rabtech was more than willing to help me out and offered any tools we needed that could help that we didn't have. He's a stand up guy. My favorite quote of his from the weekend was, and I may get this partially wrong, "We're all friends and I will help you out with anything you need.....until we get to the starting line."

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke