Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

• You wanna know way to much !!!!!LOL

What we wanna know is if “your friend “ may wanna join in and learn for themselves???

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• HaHa!

Well, that particular friend won't let off the gas log enough to turn the curve!

He doesn't understand the term "you have to slow down to go faster"!

I bet if he'd come out and spend the day at the track with ya'll he'd love it. I'll talk with him about it next time there is a track day. He seems to have really taken to the 1/2 mile challenges and I have to admit I really like them too. It's really laid back and fun but challenging at the same time. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in Ocala for sure. Unfortunately I don't have the horsepower or skill to run with either crowd but you can bet your sweet bippy that it won't stop me from trying when I get the chance.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• It's not me, it's "my friend". He's a little upset because he didn't get to experience the track day at Roebling. I'm sure that he'll get to go to another track day somewhere and he'll be all better. Until then we'll jes keep feeding him information so when he does have the chance to go he can make the best of it. LOL

I am looking forward to seeing "YOUR FRIEND" at the track

• Changes for the next track day will probably be to change the CAI back to the Alpha and also put the stock muffler back on. Something changed when I installed the Welter Dual exhaust because I dropped 4 MPG on the gas mileage. The only changes were Bob's tune and the Welter. With Bob's tune he says most people get a 4 MPG increase in gas mileage. I lost 4 MPG. Mace could run the same speeds or better with his stock Sling as me with all of the my performance changes. If you are following what I am talking about I also lost 5 MPH on the front straight at Roebling with just the Hahn intake and no power to play with on top end. That is my story and I am sticking to it. We will find out on the next track day.

• Changes for the next track day will probably be to change the CAI back to the Alpha and also put the stock muffler back on. Something changed when I installed the Welter Dual exhaust because I dropped 4 MPG on the gas mileage. The only changes were Bob's tune and the Welter. With Bob's tune he says most people get a 4 MPG increase in gas mileage. I lost 4 MPG. Mace could run the same speeds or better with his stock Sling as me with all of the my performance changes. If you are following what I am talking about I also lost 5 MPH on the front straight at Roebling with just the Hahn intake and no power to play with on top end. That is my story and I am sticking to it. We will find out on the next track day.

I would agree. Mace was able to power up to 120mph rather easily (and I was able to pass you in the straights too easily). Adjustments need to be made ~> for the amount of times I’ve ridden with you, I’ve never seen your sling failing to reach top speed.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I would agree. Mace was able to power up to 120mph rather easily (and I was able to pass you in the straights too easily). Adjustments need to be made ~> for the amount of times I’ve ridden with you, I’ve never seen your sling failing to reach top speed.

If he was hitting 120 one of our speedometers is wrong :thumbsup:

• I still want to know about the rest of the track, the parts that are not straight.

Who did best in the curves?

Erica - were you happy with the new tires? did they hold in the turns the way you hoped?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @FunCycle
    Hey buddy that little gravity bleed trick for the brakes is pretty slick. I had a hell of a time getting to the ABS module.
    Going to take it out and see how it worked

Thanks

I told you the ABS might be the worst one. The master cylinder brace is in the way. I am glad that it worked for you. It is quick and you can do it by yourself.

• I told you the ABS might be the worst one. The master cylinder brace is in the way. I am glad that it worked for you. It is quick and you can do it by yourself.

I told you the ABS might be the worst one. The master cylinder brace is in the way. I am glad that it worked for you. It is quick and you can do it by yourself.

Yep had to remove the brace - going to have to do it one more time but they are much better

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I still want to know about the rest of the track, the parts that are not straight.

Who did best in the curves?

Erica - were you happy with the new tires? did they hold in the turns the way you hoped?

I have to say... I’m quite pleased with the grip. Took a few sessions to find the sweet spot on air pressure so they were a little spongy until I got it right. But no complaints on handling. I never lost control or felt out of control.

Signature.png

• HaHa!
    Well, that particular friend won't let off the gas log enough to turn the curve!

He doesn't understand the term "you have to slow down to go faster"!

I bet if he'd come out and spend the day at the track with ya'll he'd love it. I'll talk with him about it next time there is a track day. He seems to have really taken to the 1/2 mile challenges and I have to admit I really like them too. It's really laid back and fun but challenging at the same time. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in Ocala for sure. Unfortunately I don't have the horsepower or skill to run with either crowd but you can bet your sweet bippy that it won't stop me from trying when I get the chance.

To make it very clear , the Panda Shirt was worn and Broken in well at the track. That is one friend , but I also refer to the one you see in the mirror as the main friend that needs to join in and get your answers .

• Video is almost done... sadly, I’m going to need to put music over it as my garmin mic picked up nothing but wind/distortion. Bummer for sure, but I think I have a fix for that... plan on wiring a fixed mic above the battery to pic up only the exhaust sound.

Signature.png

• Video is almost done... sadly, I’m going to need to put music over it as my garmin mic picked up nothing but wind/distortion. Bummer for sure, but I think I have a fix for that... plan on wiring a fixed mic above the battery to pic up only the exhaust sound.

How about we dub in some motor-boating sounds - just sayin?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!