Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

• According to the write up the Super Vee has fell off in the past few years and they are trying to revive it.

Mitch, remind them I'm the dumbass that went off into the ditch with my sling and then drove it home, only two weeks after hernia surgery, that should set their minds at ease... plus the mini is slower than a stock slingshot and weighs just a little more, plus it is smaller than a slingshot? But I understand, and I know Susi won't let me bring her slingshot, so I guess I'm out? :(

• OK looks like we have an event.
    I am waiting on the final price for additional insurance. It is usually around $400 total and we pay that the day of the event, split between all participants.

Here are the safety equipment requirements

Safety Equipment Required
    DOT full face helmet
    Jacket
    Gloves
    Closed tip shoes

Slingshot must pass Tech inspection

We also have an opportunity to start a regular circuit on 4 different tracks. We need to show we are professionals.
    I have offered up my Slingshot for test runs to 2 of the organizers who are both instructors and race car drivers, so that they can experience what we already know about how these things perform. I am hoping we can get away from the motorcycle persona and have them let us run as cars.

I will keep you all posted when they get back to me on final details.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just an update

I am still working with the secondary insurance for us. This is a different insurer than the one we used last time on the track. I am not having much luck satisfying them because we are not a sanctioned group. I hope to know either way sometime later today.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK folks we are golden

Everything is settled but I had to make a few concessions nothing big.

1- $185 pays all no extra insurance
    2- We have to agree to a set of event rules _ I will post when we are done
    3- need minimum of 5 - 6 Slingshots to qualify as a group
    3- We will all have to attend a drivers meeting and track overview. - Mandatory yo miss it you do not get to play

I would like to have a quick meeting the night before/ hopefully everyone can be there. We have a lot of potential for future dates and some real racing!

I will have more details and registration instructions end of the day

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I just talked to @MACAWS and the good thing is we maybe able to tag along with another class of race cars in a series of different tracks, there will be some things we may have to do to be able to do this. He will explain more about it later, he is a little busy today in New York. So we need to let everyone know who maybe interested in doing this. So we need to get the word out about this.

• Gerald, you're running kendas at the track? Interesting.

Yes, I had the same Kenda on the rear of the SS on the last track day. One - it has more tread width than most of the other tires of the same size. Two - It is sticky when hot and the tread itself makes for good traction on the track. I will take all anyone will give me for the track days. I had the BFG Comp Two's on the front last time and did not like them. I had taken the BFG off of the rear to put on the Kenda, glad I did. I also have the full set new Riken Raptor's that I bought a few months ago. I liked them so much I have already bought another rear for a spare. Good traction and a lot better rain tire than the Kenda. IMHO. If you have not figured it out, I have two sets of tires and rims. One set for local and the other for more traction in the hills.

• Yes, I had the same Kenda on the rear of the SS on the last track day. One - it has more tread width than most of the other tires of the same size. Two - It is sticky when hot and the tread itself makes for good traction on the track. I had the BFG Comp Two's on the front last time and did not like them. I also have the full set new Ripken Raptor's that I bought a few months ago. I liked them so much I have already bought another rear for a spare. Good traction and a good rain tire IMHO.

I remember you didn't like the BFGs, but I thought you were also not fond of the kendas. Good to know about the Ripkens.

• I remember you didn't like the BFGs, but I thought you were also not fond of the kendas. Good to know about the Ripkens.

You have never heard me say anything bad about the Kenda's except for being in the rain because of the tread pattern. I have never even had a problem in the rain with them. I did an EDIT on the other post.

• You have never heard me say anything bad about the Kenda's except for being in the rain because of the tread pattern. I have never even had a problem in the rain with them. I did an EDIT on the other post.

Yeah, and my memory sucks, so....definitely remembered your stance on the BFGs, though.

I run kendas all the way around, including the 305 in back, except when I run the Nitto 315 in colder weather. I've never had an issue with them either, but I'm conscientious of the fact that people have had issues.