Slingdrop Build - Bullet Quad Kit - DDM Turbo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KayTwo wrote:

Dave@DDMWorks wrote:

We are starting our part of this conversion today by removing the Alpha turbo and installing our new turbo kit. Before we get started though, we put the 4 wheel conversion on the scales to see how it came out, here is what we found -

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
      LR - 519 RR - 429
      Dave, I'm curious about something. I understand why there is a difference in the lateral weight on the front wheels, but why the difference on the rear wheels? Is that part of the loading from the front, or is there something on the back end that is also setting the weight off from side to side?
      LR due to battery location and upgraded to group 35 maybe?
      If your carpet has to match the drapes,
      shouldn't your trailer match your Slingshot?
    • funinthesun wrote:

KayTwo wrote:

Dave@DDMWorks wrote:

We are starting our part of this conversion today by removing the Alpha turbo and installing our new turbo kit. Before we get started though, we put the 4 wheel conversion on the scales to see how it came out, here is what we found -

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
      LR - 519 RR - 429
      Dave, I'm curious about something. I understand why there is a difference in the lateral weight on the front wheels, but why the difference on the rear wheels? Is that part of the loading from the front, or is there something on the back end that is also setting the weight off from side to side?
      LR due to battery location and upgraded to group 35 maybe?
      good point - a full size battery could easily weigh as much as 50 pounds - - also getting rid of the angle drive probably took some of the weight off the passenger side
      Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
      JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
      Twist Dynamics CF shift knob & Solid Sway Bar
    • KayTwo wrote:

Dave@DDMWorks wrote:

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
      LR - 519 RR - 429
      I am not entirely sure, but there are several things that can cause the weight difference. You can "wedge" the weight around by playing with the spring preload on the shocks since it is a 4 wheel vehicle now, then there is actually the weight of the components also (the battery on the drive side in this case, etc.). We have not the suspension setup at all and do not know if it is something we can balance out, if this is how they usually ship, etc. We were just curious what it would scale like, total weights, etc. Once we get done with installing our turbo, if we have some extra time, we would like to play with the setup to see if we can improve the balance, but I am heading out on Thursday and will be gone until September 4th, so we have to make sure the turbo install and all the other goodies he is getting are taken care of first before we play with the other stuff ;)
    • KayTwo wrote:

Dave@DDMWorks wrote:

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
      LR - 519 RR - 429

Does the fuel load sit more to that side?
      Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D
    • TravAZ wrote:

KayTwo wrote:

Dave@DDMWorks wrote:

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
      LR - 519 RR - 429
      Does the fuel load sit more to that side?
      Fuel tank sits in the middle of the rear section. I think we can balance it out based on those corner weights, we will know for sure tomorrow.
    • Good news and bad news, after speaking with Dave this morning we decided to give it a few more days (after Dave gets back from his upcoming trip) to make sure my build is exactly the way we want it. We have something very cool planned for the exhaust, we want to get the weight balance right and we really want to set this thing up to be what it was built to be and that is fast from red light to red light. Thank you @Dave@DDMWorks for taking care of me. I really do appreciate it.

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.