Slingdrop Build - Bullet Quad Kit - DDM Turbo

• So the new DDM turbo install starts tomorrow at DDM. So Pumped! I'll be down to SC in a week to pick it up. We will be going with the Welter dual rear exhaust, but it will have to be custom fitted in the rear in order to work.

I'll be riding back to Michigan through the mountains. Does anyone have any suggestions on roads I just have to hit? I can go a bunch of different ways home so there are a lot of options.

Photos of fender delete covers from Bullet. Not sure how I feel about them yet. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it in person.

• So the new DDM turbo install starts tomorrow at DDM. So Pumped! I'll be down to SC in a week to pick it up. We will be going with the Welter dual rear exhaust, but it will have to be custom fitted in the rear in order to work.

I'll be riding back to Michigan through the mountains. Does anyone have any suggestions on roads I just have to hit? I can go a bunch of different ways home so there are a lot of options.

Photos of fender delete covers from Bullet. Not sure how I feel about them yet. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Hwy.276 North from Greenville for starters

• Yeah that looks great, I could take that into the Maggie Valley area and then hit the tail of the dragon. Is the Cherohala Skyway worth checking out?

IMNHO, the Charohala is a very pretty drive but not very challenging. It is worth the drive for the views. Regardless of which you choose, I’d love to join you on the ride in the mountains. We are only a few miles from the Dragon. Could meet you at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• You going with any rear fenders ? Looks like they stock out pretty far in the pic. I would think it will throw any liquid into the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing Greg, I have contacted stickerdick about fenders. I'm gonna give it some time and see how it goes before pulling the trigger. It would give it a much more refined look. Also not sure about future tire and wheel size. I haven't even driven the damn thing yet. Haha

• @pricejh61 that would be great, I'll let you know when I'll be up there. Not sure when I'll be able to pick it up, Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. PM your phone number?

• Yeah that looks great, I could take that into the Maggie Valley area and then hit the tail of the dragon. Is the Cherohala Skyway worth checking out?

IMNHO, the Cherohala is a very pretty drive but not very challenging. It is worth the drive for the views.

See now, I enjoy the Cherohala more than the Dragon. Fewer people, better views....and you can push harder. Cherohala is just as challenging at 90+ as the Dragon is at 30 mph.

As far as your ride back to MI, I just did it a couple weeks ago, up and back. I just googlemapped it and looked for the twistiest roads. Was not disappointed.

When are you going to be at DDM? I'll slide over and say hi.

• We are starting our part of this conversion today by removing the Alpha turbo and installing our new turbo kit. Before we get started though, we put the 4 wheel conversion on the scales to see how it came out, here is what we found -

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
    LR - 519 RR - 429

Cross Weight - 1148 - 53.4%

Then the next step was to strap it up to the dyno to see what kind of numbers it is putting out before the new turbo setup. Right now the Alpha system is running around 7psi climbing a little towards redline, we will update some more as we finish it up.

Peak horsepower 209, peak torque 263 ft/lbs

• We are starting our part of this conversion today by removing the Alpha turbo and installing our new turbo kit. Before we get started though, we put the 4 wheel conversion on the scales to see how it came out, here is what we found -

Total Weight - 2147

LF - 570 RF - 629
    LR - 519 RR - 429

Dave, I'm curious about something. I understand why there is a difference in the lateral weight on the front wheels, but why the difference on the rear wheels? Is that part of the loading from the front, or is there something on the back end that is also setting the weight off from side to side?

• Wow a 90 # split on the rear. I run just a little more than that on the dirt car. He’s gonna be tight in the left handlers and loose on the right handlers.
    Might look at ride heights or tightening the spring on the right rear and loosen the right front.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~