Slingdrop Build - Bullet Quad Kit - DDM Turbo

• That really turned out sweet. I don't even want to hear the cost... I just know somehow I will start to justify it.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• This looks impressive. Very impressive. Can’t wait to hear how it handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• That looks so much better than it did with 3 wheels the rear end of it just comes together so much better with four wheels...makes me wonder how it handles compared to stock..as having 3 wheels it’s probally a lot more rear end happy and loose..
    Not sure if you have ever pushed it hard or really tracked it,but it would be a good read to see it compared to a SLR on a track ..
    It’s really going to hook once you get that turbo installed, that thing with jump out of the hole..back when I used to race,I had a Yamaha banshee with a 424cc about 135rwhp and havimg 4 wheels I would race vetts and even 1000cc bikes on the street and out run them to 100-110mph then I got my lunch handed to me. Lol..

Who’s BOB ? Bob the builder lol..he does some really sweet work..

• This mod is not anything I would ever be in a position to do, but I must admit it is very cool :thumbup:

Please keep the pictures and information coming :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That looks so much better than it did with 3 wheels the rear end of it just comes together so much better with four wheels...makes me wonder how it handles compared to stock..as having 3 wheels it’s probally a lot more rear end happy and loose..
    Not sure if you have ever pushed it hard or really tracked it,but it would be a good read to see it compared to a SLR on a track ..
    It’s really going to hook once you get that turbo installed, that thing with jump out of the hole..back when I used to race,I had a Yamaha banshee with a 424cc about 135rwhp and havimg 4 wheels I would race vetts and even 1000cc bikes on the street and out run them to 100-110mph then I got my lunch handed to me. Lol..

Who’s BOB ? Bob the builder lol..he does some really sweet work..

I pushed it very hard with 3 wheels, too hard at times and I am hoping with the conversion it hooks and stays planted in the corners.

Bob owns Bullet Speed and Design.

• @SlingDrop can you tell me how the stability control and traction control are dealt with in this conversion? Are they just disabled all together or are they somehow made to function with the quad setup?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Soooo, this has been on my bucket list for a while now... I have the power, just need the traction.. care to disclose $$$ and times.. Pm if better.
    Thank you. I have the basic cost from their website, just wondering what real world cost was.

• If you read the website it states that installing it is included in the cost of the part..
    It also is only sold at the shop not in a mail kit form..
    Although it would be nice if they put the cost on the site ,I hate when they post —call for pricing
    I’m guessing it’s not built complete on a jig then transferred to the Ss like other aftermarket parts are.. especially considering he said that his was he best fitting so far to date...

• I didn’t read anywhere about what happens with the ABS AND THE traction control with that quad set up..it didn’t look like there where any sensors plugged in for it..
    I looked around and found another company who does a quad conversion called track hammer they claim to be the only one who retains all the factory Systems .. they use GM Corvette rear ends which have pretty darn good Limited slip set ups ,it also appears to be base on a VETT rear suspension to some degree .using the GM rear end is how they are able to keep the factory system working,probably due to having the same teeth on the reluctor wheels .. it’s also a mail order kit which supposedly installs in one day with simple hand tools...
    While the one from bullet looks so much better with it’s F1 styling ..but with out traction control and ABS on the freeway it could get Hairly for myself ,lol...
    But honestly the bullet design just looks so much better ..wonder if it could be built with a vett rear end to retain the systems...that’s going to be my first question when I’m ready..

• IIRC, someone was thinking about trying to do their own version of the Trak Hamr (Trak Hamr – Four Wheel Conversion for the Polaris Slingshot) 4-wheel conversion since they found a used Vette rear-end setup on EBay for around $800, but I don't know if they have yet tried.
    I'm looking forward to reports on how @SlingDrop feels it handles when he gets everything completed.

• Soooo, this has been on my bucket list for a while now... I have the power, just need the traction.. care to disclose $$$ and times.. Pm if better.
    Thank you. I have the basic cost from their website, just wondering what real world cost was.

The quad kit starts at $13,700 I opted to add the Wilwood brakes up front as well as coated front a arms, hood vents and the mud flap fender delete and cover. It took 13 weeks to complete.

• If you read the website it states that installing it is included in the cost of the part..
    It also is only sold at the shop not in a mail kit form..
    Although it would be nice if they put the cost on the site ,I hate when they post —call for pricing
    I’m guessing it’s not built complete on a jig then transferred to the Ss like other aftermarket parts are.. especially considering he said that his was he best fitting so far to date...

The subframe is built on a jig. There are a ton of billet parts in the Bullet kit. Which is pretty cool.

• I didn’t read anywhere about what happens with the ABS AND THE traction control with that quad set up..it didn’t look like there where any sensors plugged in for it..
    I looked around and found another company who does a quad conversion called track hammer they claim to be the only one who retains all the factory Systems .. they use GM Corvette rear ends which have pretty darn good Limited slip set ups ,it also appears to be base on a VETT rear suspension to some degree .using the GM rear end is how they are able to keep the factory system working,probably due to having the same teeth on the reluctor wheels .. it’s also a mail order kit which supposedly installs in one day with simple hand tools...
    While the one from bullet looks so much better with it’s F1 styling ..but with out traction control and ABS on the freeway it could get Hairly for myself ,lol...
    But honestly the bullet design just looks so much better ..wonder if it could be built with a vett rear end to retain the systems...that’s going to be my first question when I’m ready..

I agree I really do prefer the bullet design. That is why I went with them. The Track Hamr company is actually here in Michigan, significantly cheaper, but this is a toy I will keep until I die so I went with the kit I really wanted. I get really attached to my vehicles, especially the ones I put a ton of money into. I have a few "forever" vehicles and the SS is one of them.