Center bracket for windshield

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Center bracket for windshield

      Quick question if anyone has the answer. I have the 2018 SL. I just bought the bracket that goes on the dash and against the windshield. The instructions are not too helpful on removing the plate in the front (radio)to get at the holes.. Looked all over online for a video but nothing. Thanks.
    • Welcome to the forum. What windshield brace did you get? Where did you purchase the brace? There should be online instructions.
      To take the front plate off the radio on my 2016 you remove the 4 Allen head screws, one at each corner.
      :BLUESS:
      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
      ~Mark Twain~
    • Michaelteb84 wrote:

      Quick question if anyone has the answer. I have the 2018 SL. I just bought the bracket that goes on the dash and against the windshield. The instructions are not too helpful on removing the plate in the front (radio)to get at the holes.. Looked all over online for a video but nothing. Thanks.
      You have to remove the windshield so that you can then pop off the two colored panels next to the dash where the holes are. After the two panels are removed, the radio bezel should pop off also. You'll need a tiny torx tool (not sure of size but someone mentioned it might be a T11?) to fit the four screws holding the radio in....remove those carefully as the torx heads are easy to strip out. You can then slide the radio out and get one hand up under the dash to hold the bracket plate and nuts to fasten the bracket down. Sounds like a lot, but pretty simple other than the ornery torx head screws.
      '18 SLR
      Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
      '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
      '11 & '14 Can Am RT
      60 Years of 2 Wheeling
    • Rob the Slob wrote:

      Welcome to the forum. What windshield brace did you get? Where did you purchase the brace? There should be online instructions.
      To take the front plate off the radio on my 2016 you remove the 4 Allen head screws, one at each corner.
      Thanks for the info. I got the bracket through slingmode. The instructions are terrible. Nothing really online either. The instructions dont say anything about taking off windshield. I also think the 2018 is a different set up than the 2016. I am pretty handy , all I would need is a minute video to show ne the right way to get at this. Thanks again guys!
      Images
      • 1534092746056249141830.jpg

        73.06 kB, 432×768, viewed 11 times
    • Darrell thanks for the info. I think the 4 screws your talking about are not visible on the 2018. I think I need to pop out the 2 holes where it mounts and then take it from there. I dont want to mess with it too much without knowing. I need to take it back to the dealer anyway , the backup camera stopped working after a week. Grr
    • Michaelteb84 wrote:

      Darrell thanks for the info. I think the 4 screws your talking about are not visible on the 2018. I think I need to pop out the 2 holes where it mounts and then take it from there. I dont want to mess with it too much without knowing. I need to take it back to the dealer anyway , the backup camera stopped working after a week. Grr
      In the picture you show the brace...Do you have a 'backing plate'? Like I said "I can reach under from the front" and reach the backing plate and bolts on my 2016, not the Slingshot that we put one on, don't have to take anything off.
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

      RideforKids.org
    • What I described above was how I did my '18 with Nav. I have small hands and couldn't get at it from under the hood, but maybe you can.
      '18 SLR
      Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
      '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
      '11 & '14 Can Am RT
      60 Years of 2 Wheeling
    • Nemesis1701 wrote:

      EjFord wrote:

      It is possible (with a slender hand/arm) to reach in from under the hood and hold the backing plate in place and attach the brace. takes two people - - I have done this on a 2015...
      This is the best way..
      believe!
      Don't have to take anything apart.... I can never get it back together....
      Ej Ford
      Supporting
      Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

      RideforKids.org

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.