SlingShot in a Standard Toy Hauler (5th wheel or conventional)

• Yes, I searched. And I read lots and Lots and LOTS of posts, including ALL of the 37 pages of the trailer thread. And I checked the other site too. And did the same thing there. And I even googled.

But how does a SS get INTO a regular toy hauler?

I know that there are THs that have large enough garages. And that there are ramp extenders between Dove Tails, Beaver Tails, Race Ramps, etc. But based upon the calculations, you would need a ramp 14 ft long to get into a trailer that is 32" above ground like almost EVERY SINGLE TOY HAULER.

So how do you do it?

I've looked at the Work and Plays. But even they are going to higher floor (you have to find an older one to get one close to 16" above ground). The VRVs seem to be discontinued. The Livin Lite Quick Silvers just stopped production in June 2018.

I really want some way to go camping and bring the SS with me. At this point, it looks like the only thing I can do is buy an enclosed cargo trailer and convert it myself. That's the last resort on the list to do.

• You might try looking at some of the enclosed "race" type trailers with the living quarters up front. Mine is 47' with 24' being garage space and the rest living space and tongue. BTW it is a goose neck. I guess it all depends on what you intend to pull it with because the weight of these types of trailers can quickly get beyond what you'd want to REGULARLY pull with a 1/2 ton truck. I haven't actually used mine for the SS yet. I normally use mine for my motorcycle racing. I have a 20' enclosed tag along that I normally use for the SS when staying at a motel but we have camped in it on occasion.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Really depends on how you want to spend your $$$.00 cost of trailer, tow vechiel, and cost of towing/and where to stay. I don't tow much, Florida in Jan from Northern Indiana.... I have a Ford Edge, 7 x 14 open and a Polaris towing cover.
    great combination and reasonable cost and can stay any motel along the way. Use the trailer for business and able to 'write it off' TAXES...

• Thanks Everyone,

I've been looking at different options to be able to CAMP and TOW slingshot. Since my truck is paid for, I'ld like to keep it instead of starting off with a new $60-$80K tow rig, because well, truthfully, money IS an object. That leaves me to the small conventional toy haulers (under 30 ft). The problem with this is that the rear garage is just so high off the ground that you can't get the SS up the ramp and over into the trailer without bottoming out. It's the same issue with people with Harleys so I even stopped at 2 motorcycle dealerships to see if they had any recommendations (they didn't - the Harley guy says their bikes can make it. I YouTube'd it - Nope.)

So, some people on here have those Toy Haulers. How did you get the SS into the TH garage? Per the ramp calculator, you would need a ramp 14 feet long to get up 32".

• Thanks Everyone,

I've been looking at different options to be able to CAMP and TOW slingshot. Since my truck is paid for, I'ld like to keep it instead of starting off with a new $60-$80K tow rig, because well, truthfully, money IS an object. That leaves me to the small conventional toy haulers (under 30 ft). The problem with this is that the rear garage is just so high off the ground that you can't get the SS up the ramp and over into the trailer without bottoming out. It's the same issue with people with Harleys so I even stopped at 2 motorcycle dealerships to see if they had any recommendations (they didn't - the Harley guy says their bikes can make it. I YouTube'd it - Nope.)

So, some people on here have those Toy Haulers. How did you get the SS into the TH garage? Per the ramp calculator, you would need a ramp 14 feet long to get up 32".

Even with my set up --- open trailer --- I hook the trailer to the SUV and than jack up the trailer/SUV as much as possible to minimize the clearance problem. there are also some hitches that you can raise/lower --- Attention @Bu11sh1t he has one.

I have a 6 ft tailgate/ramp

• I would give my left .......... well a LOT to have enough something like that and room to store that at the house. I would go to EVERY event with a rig like that

Is that the Renagade IKON or the Dynamax? The Ikon has a nice dash layout and only cost $500,000.00.