Slingshot suffered a hit and run.

• Was at a local concert when someone backed into our parked Slingshot and then left the scene there were witnesses so he will be caught just wondering where insurance will send me for estament I know just any old shop will not know how to repair it.Any experience to pass on would be appreciated.The hood was shifted enough to unlatch driver side and now it does not line up right also looks like a bracket is pushed through on front driver side.Guess we will see how good gieco is.

• Glad some folks saw what happened and came forward so the POS that did it gets caught. Doesn’t look that bad but will probably surprise you the cost of repairs. Definitely take to SS dealer for repair. Keep us posted on outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• geico called me first thing this morning said they would have an adjuster come to me monday or tuesday I know repair labor can add up really fast even on minor damage and she wasn't sure if plastic panels could be repaired or if they would have to replace it.I figured dealer would be best bet thanks for the replies.

• My 15 was backed into on the rear end a month after I got it (Jan of 16). I was in Subway eating when a lady asked me “is that your fancy car out there?” I said yes and she pointed out the guy who had just backed into it and was leaving. Luckily I caught him before he could pull out. His ins. adjuster looked it over and then went to the dealer to get parts prices. Looked like very minor damage with no frame damage. Costs his ins. company almost $2000.

• I have experience with damage at a gas station. Someone backed into me and put damage on passenger side panel. Took it to the dealer and all is easy to settle, they take pictures and the only way to go.

• Last year I had my SS repaired and they just replaced all of the parts. I had a bad experience with the dealer that did the repairs and the reason that I used them was that they claimed to build custom Motorcycles so I figured that they would know what they were doing and be kind of picky about what and how they did things. "WRONG" That is just the short story. So be very picky about who you use for repairs. I even had something that they had not done show up last week, piss poor workmanship. This is a year later.

• You will need to go to a dealer and get an estimate that is based on replacing the damaged parts. If you need to go to two dealers to get two estimates that both show the cost to replace the parts then you need to get up early and make the trip to both...

Dont take the adjusters estimate and just agree to it if he isn't replacing the parts with new parts. You won't like a spot painted ABS plastic part that has been kinked or warped. It will tend to always go back to that shape. Go to a dealer and do the footwork and get your estimates.

• If it’s just replacing plastic and there’s no painting go to the dealer...if you need painting I guess it depends on what you have available to ..if u have a well known sling shot performance shop I’d go there..if not I’d find a high end body shop which does performance cars, before I’d go to the corner body shop..all that said I’d still get quotes from the dealer for all the parts for the insurance if it needed painting or not..

• is that plastic painted ? Or some sort of coating ,or molded in color..It’s hard to tell as I was going to In a thread a bunch of totaled SS..some parts seem to be molded in that color others seem to have white or black under the base color.....

• Update they found the driver that hit my Sling and he does have insurance so now waiting on call from his insurance they have started a claim just haven't contacted me yet. Whent to dealer in lawton OK this morning they had told me on the phone they would do an estimate of damages but when I arrived the same guy told me they could no longer work on them or order parts because they gave up the Slingshot dealership Argh!!! at least it was a nice morning for a ride and I picked up some Slingshot gear at 80 percent off,course now the nearest dealer to me is over 150 miles away :-(

• Update they found the driver that hit my Sling and he does have insurance so now waiting on call from his insurance they have started a claim just haven't contacted me yet. Whent to dealer in lawton OK this morning they had told me on the phone they would do an estimate of damages but when I arrived the same guy told me they could no longer work on them or order parts because they gave up the Slingshot dealership Argh!!! at least it was a nice morning for a ride and I picked up some Slingshot gear at 80 percent off,course now the nearest dealer to me is over 150 miles away :-(

80% off - did you bring anything back for us?