Slingshot suffered a hit and run.

• Good luck. Mine was hit in my parking lot back in December. That little bit of damage is over $1800. Luckily he guy came to me when he did it and was straight up about it. Took to Polaris dealer and they gave insurance company the quote to repair. Adjuster never even looked at the Sling. They just sent me a check for the dealer quote and I handled it from there. Dealer repaired mine in one day. Those parts are easy to change out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Finally got go ahead for repairs the jerk tried to fight it in court claimed he was not involved thank goodness for police report and eye witness statements taking to Sharps motorsports in Amarillo Tx tomorrow.Hope they can repair it without keeping it too long.Adjuster estimated 1900.00 damage but don't think that will even cover all the parts let alone the labor.

• Finally got go ahead for repairs the jerk tried to fight it in court claimed he was not involved thank goodness for police report and eye witness statements taking to Sharps motorsports in Amarillo Tx tomorrow.Hope they can repair it without keeping it too long.Adjuster estimated 1900.00 damage but don't think that will even cover all the parts let alone the labor.

Mine took a little more that that just for parts last year, just about $5,000

Just an update got finale ok from progressive on new repairs estimate, it came out to 3200.00 they ordered the parts said it should be done in 4 to 5 weeks

Getting pretty much all new panels for front end.I miss my Sling can't wait to get it back.

• Glad you are getting you SS fixed but maybe I’m missing something. You were hit in August and they have just now ordered parts and 4-5 weeks to fix it?!?! 6 months!!! When mine was hit my insurance company said if it wasn’t fixed in one month they would take care of it and recover the money. Also, my rates wouldn’t increase.

Dealer ordered rear deck and parts and SS was fixed just over two weeks after I was hit. Another reason I have stuck with State Farm.

• Glad you are getting you SS fixed but maybe I’m missing something. You were hit in August and they have just now ordered parts and 4-5 weeks to fix it?!?! 6 months!!! When mine was hit my insurance company said if it wasn’t fixed in one month they would take care of it and recover the money. Also, my rates wouldn’t increase.

Dealer ordered rear deck and parts and SS was fixed just over two weeks after I was hit. Another reason I have stuck with State Farm.

It was a hit and run took while to track him down then he just had Liability insurance and stalled that by denying he was involved thanks goodness for several eye witness his insurance stalled as long as they could but at least it is finally getting done could have done it sooner through my insurance but I have a 1000 dollar deductible so I opted not to go that route.

• Just the way I think, but I would never leave my SS unattended at a place/event where alcohol is being served....don’t like leaving it when it isn’t being served...

I don’t really like crowds for that same reason....buttholes are everywhere ...

• It was a hit and run took while to track him down then he just had Liability insurance and stalled that by denying he was involved thanks goodness for several eye witness his insurance stalled as long as they could but at least it is finally getting done could have done it sooner through my insurance but I have a 1000 dollar deductible so I opted not to go that route.

It's just going to take longer. Now you still have to wait for parts. If I had waited for the insurance to pay off to order the parts, i would have been without the SS for almost 6 months. By ordering the parts myself I saved myself 3 months. The repairs were almost done by the time the insurance check arrived

• Update to thread I got my sling back today had a nice chilly ride back from Amarillo Tx it was 34 when I left there this morning and 49 in Vernon when I made it back was still great to drive the Sling again and it looks new again.