What the heck?

• Let’s just assume it all comes from the same distributor. I’m using Sunoco and lost about 3 mpg in the last few fill ups. What companies is everyone else using that recently lost mileage unexplained.

One unsubstantiated claim does not a discussion make. Unless you rope us in again. You imply that others have lost mileage unexplained. Go phish!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You forget I didn’t start this topic I just responded with my experience to another post questioning lower mileage after certain modification upgrades. And I’ve noticed a lower mpg reading for no appearently reason with those same mods, but only after having them for several months. So the lose of at least 3 mpg, in my case makes no sense. I don’t believe there is a connection to the mods. So there has to be another explanation. But it just seems funny that several others from different parts of the country are experiencing the nearly same lose of mpg, at the exact same time frame.

• You forget I didn’t start this topic I just responded with my experience to another post questioning lower mileage after certain modification upgrades. And I’ve noticed a lower mpg reading for no appearently reason with those same mods, but only after having them for several months. So the lose of at least 3 mpg, in my case makes no sense. I don’t believe there is a connection to the mods. So there has to be another explanation. But it just seems funny that several others from different parts of the country are experiencing the nearly same lose of mpg, at the exact same time frame.

could be as simple as warmer weather, or summer blend gasoline vs winter blend gasoline - winter blend gasoline has more butane which has a high octane - you loose this when running summer blend. so many variables that can impact mileage the only way you could probably even know exactly would be if you tested in a lab where everything could be controlled.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Have you checked your tire pressure? Over/Under inflated tires can cause your MPG to vary. It can also cause them to wear funny. There are too many other factors that could lower your MPG. As noted, Summer-Winter blend of gas, average speed of your drive, highway or city driving, number of passengers or weight in the vehicle, topping off one tank until it runs out on your shoes..... As @edwardaneal noted, a lab would be needed to control all of the factors to determine the true cause of your drop in MPG.

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• I drove the same turnpike everyday, same speed 85 - 90 mph. I always reset the trip meter after every fill up which was every day. 180 mile round trip. These are the results I got from what I remember, It has been about a year since I got laid off and retired.

11" windshield -2mpg
    Before I put on the header and duels I gutted the cat it was good for +2mpg

header duel exhaust +2mpg
    CAI maybe +1mpg

Top -2mpg
    Temperature proved time and time again the hotter it is the better mileage I got 40F to 100F up to 4mpg difference.
    The quality of gas makes a big difference. 100% gas is best, I still run low octane because I am cheep and broke.
    I have a led foot so highway I average 23 mpg usually running 90mph (don't judge it is in my blood).

Wind plays a big factor

In town I can average 26mpg if I control myself which don't happen very often.
    All my upgrades were months apart so I was able to get some actual numbers. This is not fake news, this is honest evaluation from Chain. Agree or disagree it is the facts on my SS anyway.
    I approve this message.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I just topped it off today and it was 26.9. Driving after that...I had the mpg display up and it was jumping from 29.4 - 29.8. So driving it kinda conservatively high mpg could be possible..I was not being too conservative at that time.

• I just topped it off today and it was 26.9. Driving after that...I had the mpg display up and it was jumping from 29.4 - 29.8. So driving it kinda conservatively high mpg could be possible..I was not being too conservative at that time.

I might get that the first 1/4 mile. I have no idea how you are getting such high mpg. I am a conservative but not when it comes to driving :D

• I might get that the first 1/4 mile. I have no idea how you are getting such high mpg. I am a conservative but not when it comes to driving :D

I'm getting Bigdog's MPG numbers as well. Mine are usually around 29 to 30 per tank. Guess that's what I get for running cheap low grade gas.

• @ThomaSS and I went for a ride this past Sunday. I actually showed him when I checked it. I had driven the Slingshot to work a couple of times on that tank, so that helped as it's mostly open road at 60+ MPH. I'm sure he will attest to the way I drive it, and that included a few drifts around curves and 2nd gear marking the spot. I even took a friend of mine a ride, and hit it twice really hard through the gears.

My setup is DDMWorks CAI, 1320 stainless header and CAT delete, with stock muffler along with Bob's tune.

223 miles, exactly 7 gallons to top it off. I was on Phillips 66 93 octane on the tank I ran, and where I filled up also. My tires are stock size. I'm sure the speedometer could be off, the pump might be inaccurate, and there are many variables. All I know is it runs awesome with 33,000 plus on it, and that mileage comes to 31.857 MPG. That mileage is my real driving, some highway, some playing, some getting on it hard. I'll take that any day!

I've gotten as low as 27-28 since the tune, and as high as 34.8. While I never bought it for gas mileage, I couldn't be happier with it overall.

I'm nearly @ 30mpg! I cruise it though. Never really get into it hard. I love how the gas is very cheap (even for 93oct) but I get such high mpg. My EVO has a 14gal tank and it is getting beat in mpg by this thing (both driven conservatively).

• 22.5mpg very consistently. I drive ~60 miles one way to work. Fill up daily. Go through 1 town (Marion Indiana) and work is right off the interstate in Fort Wayne Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• 22.5mpg very consistently. I drive ~60 miles one way to work. Fill up daily. Go through 1 town (Marion Indiana) and work is right off the interstate in Fort Wayne Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Yep that is more my numbers.

• I only have a little over a thousand miles on my 18...I been getting 30/31 mpg, I don't ride fast and i don't ride slow......I just ride it...?

I feel I drive normal, I only get 2nd 3rd and 4th gear scratch. Never scratch 5th :thumbsup:

• My long term average running stock (with F4 +5) was 28.7mpg. I added a CAI and 1320 header shortly before leaving for SSITR (approx 3,000 miles return), my average is now showing 29.8mpg. Of course if heat increases the mileage, that might account for this as it was very hot the whole trip.