What the heck?

• @kev, it had nothing to do with me ramming @Ross from behind. WAIT A MINUTE...! X(
    No, but seriously, Ross set a great pace across the country that allowed us to minimize fuel consumption. We discovered that in general, cruising or driving calmly below 60 or 65 netted us the best mileage, for me it was around 28-29 mpg. 65-80 was more in the 25-26 range, and once we got above 80, it was more like 22-23.

Here's my issue. Around town, without Ross' calming effect, I *don't* drive sedately, and I'm often over 80. So around town, I'm more like 19-22 mpg. And apparently, from what I can tell, that's my fault. I really did think it had to do with the larger tire, etc etc, but that was disproved for me on the trip.

@kev, it had nothing to do with me ramming @Ross from behind. WAIT A MINUTE...! X(
    No, but seriously, Ross set a great pace across the country that allowed us to minimize fuel consumption. We discovered that in general, cruising or driving calmly below 60 or 65 netted us the best mileage, for me it was around 28-29 mpg. 65-80 was more in the 25-26 range, and once we got above 80, it was more like 22-23.

Here's my issue. Around town, without Ross' calming effect, I *don't* drive sedately, and I'm often over 80. So around town, I'm more like 19-22 mpg. And apparently, from what I can tell, that's my fault. I really did think it had to do with the larger tire, etc etc, but that was disproved for me on the trip.

hey I'm not a great driver - no super speed in the straights or skill in the curves but I promised epic routes and no tickets ... I lived up to my promises and rest my case your honor

• hey I'm not a great driver - no super speed in the straights or skill in the curves but I promised epic routes and no tickets ... I lived up to my promises and rest my case your honor

I meant all that to be totally complimentary, my friend. You did indeed prevent any speeding tickets, at least for the times that I was traveling with you, and you also helped maintain a great fuel consumption rate.

• I have no clue what kind of milage I get in the sling - Its just never been something I was worried about enough to check. I do think I saw the gage at one point when I was scrolling through the mode button settings and it might have said 27 or 24, wasn't really paying attention. whatever it says it has never been reset so it should be what I have averaged since buying the sling.

If I remember perhaps I will reset it next time I am playing with the mode button

will it reset if I hold the mode button down when it is showing?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes

But it does not read the actual MPG when I figured it out by the actual Gallons and the miles. IMHO That was why I used trip mileage like going to Maggie Valley from home and back with every kind of driving, it was normally a 1,500 mile average to come up with the MPG. That was the real numbers that I was using. Not by the tank of gas or the Computer.

• But it does not read the actual MPG when I figured it out by the actual Gallons and the miles. IMHO That was why I used trip mileage like going to Maggie Valley from home and back with every kind of driving, it was normally a 1,500 mile average to come up with the MPG. That was the real numbers that I was using. Not by the tank of gas or the Computer.

Concur, but that's not the question he asked. :00008172:

• On our recent trip to Canada the three of us had different results when using the gauges and even at the pump.

With different tire setups, tunes, CAI, exhaust, and suspension adjustments it is difficult to trust the computer.

Try tracking it by hand for a couple three tanks and let us know

@Ross......excellent way to explain MPG
    I like to measure my MPG by the people i ride with, younger than me and older than me that determines my PTM " pedal to the metal " factor!........

• But it does not read the actual MPG when I figured it out by the actual Gallons and the miles. IMHO That was why I used trip mileage like going to Maggie Valley from home and back with every kind of driving, it was normally a 1,500 mile average to come up with the MPG. That was the real numbers that I was using. Not by the tank of gas or the Computer.

okay, I just went and checked Gage says that for the 13,130 miles my Slingshot has been driven it has averaged 27.5 MPG

I have now reset the MPG gage to zero. so now to be sure the gage is consistent I will wait until my odometer reaches the same distance again for a total of 26,260 and then I will see if the gage reports the same MPG of 27.5 that it reported for the first 13,130 miles - if it does then I will know the gage is consistent and I will be in a better position to start tracking my MPG

:00008698::00002178: Just kidding of course :00010317:

• Unless you have 2 slingshots...

Blah, blah, blah---hmmm. what?

My computer is typically 1/2 mpg to 1 mpg below actual per tank. Once it was right on and once it was over. Who really cares unless you're trying to set a mark by which to gauge your upcoming Bob tune...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Experienced a drop in MPG after same install. Then had the tune done and it went back to where it was before install.

Added turbo and now I get tons more MPG. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• For the record, I reset the idiot meter on the SS every fill up and stop filling at first click/stoppage of the pump.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I’m also begining to think they are messing with the gasoline formulations or watering it down....something changed in the last two months.

Losing 3-4 mpg over night just isn’t normal.... I am noticing a lot of big name gas stations get deliveries from no name haulers instead of the company trucks....what’s that all about?

Shouldn’t Sunoco stations be getting deliveries from Sunoco marked haulers?

Gasoline seems to get a little more ethanol added in the summer. As far as tankers being marked, I have seen a few marathon stations that are unloading fuel without markings on the truck or trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Keep the dirty side down.

• Here in California all of the gasoline is the same regardless of where you buy it - PLEASE READ THIS

Some quotes from the link:

" Contrary to television commercials about special additives, despite folklore about water in fuel tanks and regardless of the seller, California's gasoline supply is widely regarded as the most uniform in the world because of strict regulations that require precise formulations to meet air pollution limits."

"What's more, most of the state's supply is mixed together from various refiners in a common batch before it is shipped through pipelines to tanker truck terminals, said Rick Rainey, spokesman for Kinder Morgan Inc., based in Houston. The company operates a vast pipeline network that moves most of the state's fuel, including San Diego County's supply."

"All the gasoline companies put it all into one hopper," Rainey said. "There is no distinction between Chevron, Exxon or whatever." Regular gas is kept separate from premium in the pipeline by timing shipments, although a negligible amount of mixing occurs during changeover, he said."

• I work next door to an Esso refinery and they have a area that they load tanker trucks. It is an endless parade of trucks every day. I see trucks with just about every gas station name on it pull through and fill up from both Canada and the USA. We also have the Shell and Suncor refinery just down the road from us and the same thing happens there also