Adjustable upper control arms

• I had them installed today and the caster, camber and toe in set.
    The alignment guy was real impressed with the adjustable arms. Said it was real easy to get at and adjust. The SS drove great steering seemed tight, left the hands off the wheel, it tracked straight without any shimmy or wander.

• He wanted to know who made them (company) and said if he ever did another SS he would recommend them... the old arms are cast aluminum ...these are made of steel... and made in Taiwan...

He installed and did the alignment for $100....everything took 3 hours....

• He drives a can am he called it a side by side....whatever that is...

We’re brothers ...1% ers.... right arm....

Has over 30 years experience in the alignment field...he runs the one man shop...

You are also forgetting my high level of likeability

• He drives a can am he called it a side by side....whatever that is...

We’re brothers ...1% ers.... right arm....

Has over 30 years experience in the alignment field...he runs the one man shop...

You are also forgetting my high level of likeability

Dammit!! Now I have coffee sprayed all over my screen.

I just ruined a keyboard........... :00008172:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I’m just confused!

• I had them installed today and the caster, camber and toe in set.
    The alignment guy was real impressed with the adjustable arms. Said it was real easy to get at and adjust. The SS drove great steering seemed tight, left the hands off the wheel, it tracked straight without any shimmy or wander.

That all sounds great but......

What about the steering returning back to center on its own?

That was the whole reason for changing the arms if i remember correctly. The tire wear you were showing was from the horrible toe you had and that was fixable with the original arms. So the only gain by changing the arms was to supposedly be able to change the caster angle to get the steering wheel to self center.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• That all sounds great but......
    What about the steering returning back to center on its own?

That was the whole reason for changing the arms if i remember correctly. The tire wear you were showing was from the horrible toe you had and that was fixable with the original arms. So the only gain by changing the arms was to supposedly be able to change the caster angle to get the steering wheel to self center.

SSREAPER

changing the arms makes sense if you have lowered your ride height otherwise not sure it isn't just spending mod money on something you like

• changing the arms makes sense if you have lowered your ride height otherwise not sure it isn't just spending mod money on something you like

I don't know @Ross I am sure that almost everyone with coilovers has lowered their ride to a certain extend and no one that i know of has needed this arms......... just saying.....

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I don't know @Ross I am sure that almost everyone with coilovers has lowered their ride to a certain extend and no one that i know of has needed this arms......... just saying.....

ohhh I'm not saying it's needed but I think it only makes sense if you lowered

I'm on coilovers and actually raised it up from stock slightly

• changing the arms makes sense if you have lowered your ride height otherwise not sure it isn't just spending mod money on something you like

@Ross I couldn't agree with you more!!!

The OP had a long thread going about steering and alignment and he basically went this route because he wanted to change how the steering wheel would not return to center on its own...He purchased the item...got it installed and "ALIGNED" and reported back with no mention to original reason he was installing them...Self Centering Steering wheel.

If the OP is happy with the result then I'm happy for him. I want to know why he had to spend 450.00 dollars to accomplish what 100.00 on an alignment could have done if the steering wheel centering wasn't affected.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I haven’t driven it enough since to notice if it returns to center...I did notice how tight everything was... the steering was nice and firm....went perfectly straight hands free...didn’t wander or jump around at all..

We had to leave the original shims in because the new arms were shorter than the original arms.....and he said the new arms are adjusted out about a half inch to get the caster and camber to specs..

The new arms have at least 3-4” of adjustment built into them.

The arms are on sale for $357...

That said if we would have gone with the shim route....I have to order shim packs and if it needs shimmed out too far then you need longer bolts.....the longer the bolts the weaker the connection becomes...

And to make the specs....using shims is all guess work....you have to keep taking taking the bolts loose and adding shims to get things right.....he was watching the alignment screen as he was turning the threads to make the adjustments.

His machine reads things down to 1 tenth of an inch.. plus if I want to change any specs loosen the lock nuts and spin the threads..

Yes I’m happy...and likeable...

• If that was the case, it probably would have taken him 1 hour and cost $300

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE