Bullet Speed Top Installed

• We had a bullet top for 1 year. In that time it was on the sling for about one month. To us it was more of a cosmetic accessory that a protective top. The sun had to be at the right angle, no rain, and low windscreen yto be effective.
    Now we have the Meansling top on both. In 16 months we have had the tops off for a total of about 3 weeks. Each time we revove them and go for a ride, we realize why we never take them off. The airflow management of the top is incredible, the sun has to be at an extreme angle to hit you, and in the rain we dont get very wet.
    For functionality, the Meansling top is unmatched.

• We had a bullet top for 1 year. In that time it was on the sling for about one month. To us it was more of a cosmetic accessory that a protective top. The sun had to be at the right angle, no rain, and low windscreen yto be effective.
    Now we have the Meansling top on both. In 16 months we have had the tops off for a total of about 3 weeks. Each time we revove them and go for a ride, we realize why we never take them off. The airflow management of the top is incredible, the sun has to be at an extreme angle to hit you, and in the rain we dont get very wet.

Now this is good information. When I have showed pictures of some tops to me wife here comment is "whats the point if the only time it blocks the sun is when its straight up" and having looked at the meansling we commented that because the way the sides angle down it looked like it would do a much better job

its nice toe hear this confirmed by someone who has actually had the bullet and the meansling - save others like myself from having to find out the hard way

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @Aquacop
    People will probably argue this but the stock windshield on the 2016 sucked!
    I am 6'1" tall... the wind coming over the top caught me at about the eyebrow. At the time of purchase, helmets required, wind was trying to lift my half dome off. The angle cut slope to the left and right sides of the windshield, caused buffeting to the one ear exposed and constant windshear to the same shoulder... that would fatique me quick... getting out after a ride was like being the loser of the spinning bat competition.
    Didn't take me long to swap to the F4 +3 windshield and installed my top at the same time. Problems cured.
    Lot of options for windshields out there plus the option of attaching Baker airwings to negate the sloped edges...

I like to look over the windshield, I wear a ball cap, and am happy with my current set-up.

So, how can I help...
    Evaluate your windshield. Is the air coming over the shield pushing over you head? If it is smacking you in the face or head, the shield is too short.

Are you being buffeted from the air hitting you from the sides of the shield? Baker Airwings that clip on to extend the sides of the shield.

And it's not the top, it is the windshield.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I have actually been thinking the double bubble windshields look nice and with our weather a little more wind might be a good thing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have actually been thinking the double bubble windshields look nice and with our weather a little more wind might be a good thing

The double bubbles look great and are fun at lower speed. On the highway the wind hits you from the middle pretty hard. Creates a buffeting up against your ear and pushes a half helmet around. Was a shame because we really liked the look.

• Definitely recommend checking out whatever top you're interested in before purchase. If at all possible, try to find someone local who has the same top you're interested in. Even a several hour drive to check one out makes fiscal sense. Expensive mistake if you buy one and later realize you don't like it.

• I have the Meansling top and a ripper windshield. Cruising 75-80 on the interstate I can wear my cap without issue.

We had a bullet top for 1 year. In that time it was on the sling for about one month. To us it was more of a cosmetic accessory that a protective top. The sun had to be at the right angle, no rain, and low windscreen yto be effective.

Concur with both. 6400 mile road trip with the top on for over 85% of the miles. No question for me as to its usefulness and comfort.