My local dealership lost my wheel lock key.......

• .....I had the dealership put on custom wheels I bought elsewhere, and unknown to me they were shipped with wheel locks. I never looked in the lug nut bag so I didn't know.

The dealership put them on and gave me back all of the old parts in a bag which I labeled and put away.

My sling is back there again getting wheel lights put on, and they are asking me for the key. Um.... "key?" "Yes, you have wheel locks and we need the key."

"I do? You didn't say anything to me about wheel locks when you put them on..."

So I look through the bag they gave me, no key. They didn't even tell me they put wheel locks on.

I told them to look around their shop for it, as they never mentioned it to me nor gave it to me.

I called the place I bought the wheels from and they can send out another key but will take days.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all..................

• That sucks. When I worked for a car dealership we had a removal tool but it destroyed the lugnut. We just replaced them with standard lugnuts. This was on trade in vehicles not customer vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.