Another Smokey Mountain

• Gerald, calling for rain here tomorrow but looks good for Sat.(20%) Rain again on Sun. Drive safe. As you know from riding up here watch curves for gravel and other obstacles (tree limbs, etc.) that end up in road after heavy rains.

• Gerald, calling for rain here tomorrow but looks good for Sat.(20%) Rain again on Sun. Drive safe. As you know from riding up here watch curves for gravel and other obstacles (tree limbs, etc.) that end up in road after heavy rains.

Thanks, I have been riding the area since about 1970, way before 129 was ever called the Dragon. I rode that road every time I was up there. Did you hear about @Ghost and I riding the 300 miles in the rain on Monday at SSITS. We suited up at Joey's Pankcake House at 8 AM and got back to the Comfort Inn at 6 PM it never did stop raining the whole time. Gas stops only. I changed to the better rain tires just in case, took the Kenda's off for this weekend.

• Nancy and I may be in Walland/Townsend tomorrow at about noon. We’re going to do lunch at the Snoring Bear Dinner. Give me a shout if you are close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Nancy and I may be in Walland/Townsend tomorrow at about noon. We’re going to do lunch at the Snoring Bear Dinner. Give me a shout if you are close by.

Nancy and I may be in Walland/Townsend tomorrow at about noon. We’re going to do lunch at the Snoring Bear Dinner. Give me a shout if you are close by.

It will be at least one before I get there, it is according to what time I wake up in the morning to leave.

• I just found an outstanding place to stay in Maggie Valley, the room that I have tonight looks better\nicer than the Comfort Inn rooms that we have been getting and surprise cheaper also. It is called the Five Star Inn at 2474 Soco Road in Maggie Valley (828-926-3816) He says he will do a group rate at $79 or lower for June. He also does not like the price gouging (price fixing) that the motel owners group does and tries to require everyone to use the same rates. Right now that standard rate is $139 per night and special event is $230. I just paid $89 plus tax for tonight as a walk in. I just might be changing Motels for SSITS19. OH! I forgot "NO BREAKFAST"

• Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry we missed you the other day. The walland stop was a good one. Mom ‘n Pop operation, excellent food. Worthy.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter