Dealer suggested rear angle drive fluid change asap

• Dought mine has ever been changed by previous owner. It has 10k miles, what would you guys recommend on using in it.

As long as you use a gear oil that conforms to the manufacturers specs you would be good. I went with rydahog's recommendation: Redline Shockproof, and I have to say that after about 500 miles, the angle drive noise started subsiding quite a bit and seemed to get more quite as time went on. Right now I have very little angle drive noise.
    Other's have had similar experiences with their choices in high quality oils, and I'm sure they are more than happy to add their recommendations for you to make your own choice.
    Bottom line....I feel the key to mechanical longevity (crank case, transmission, gear cases, etc) is the regular changing of oils, and using quality oils & filters.
    Of course no amount of TLC will help with manufacturer's defects!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Felt like a silicone based gasket material. Touched base with a few people here and they agreed it was probably excess material that squeezed out during assembly. My dealer has no "diagnostic ability" so I do what I can and then drive it until they have to tow it. Complete waste of my time to show it to my dealer. Changed it 2 more times after that (so 3 times in less that 5000 miles) and have never found anymore. Almost 9000 miles and still running.

• Good call. Silicon based sealant... hard to wipe out the inside of the case after assembly. Been a few good pics of improperly run beads of sealant which caused angle drive leaks...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I changed mine today...the old fluid was gray...didn’t look dirty....

Royal purple was coming back out of the hole the entire time I was filling it...?????

Sure seemed to run smoother with an engine oil change and angle drive fluid change.

• Miles seems to be the main ingredient in calming down the rear drive noise, changing from the OEM fluid to Royal Purple to Lucas has produced little to no change in our angle drive. Tweaking the belt adjustment has made a more noticable difference. The Grasshopper is now sneaking up on 20,000 miles and at that time I think I will continue to use Mobil 1 in the engine, but I will dump the Royal Purple in the tranny, and the Lucas in the angle drive, and return to using OEM Polaris fluids in both..............

Bill

• So what is the best weight of oil then Synthetic oil 75W-140 was mentioned in an earlier post or is it 80W-90 ?

Whats the best to use?

The first listed is Angle Drive (many brands easy to find), second one is Transmission (hard to find a GL-3..buy it from Polaris).

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling