Smile your on camera

• So I get that the sling is different and I take pride in all the changes I have done. I get why people want to take pics and videos but I think some go a bit overboard. Take tonight for instance, stoped at a light and this guy obviously starts to video me his entire walk across the road. Being brought up in a time where staring at people was considered rude this does touch a bit of a nerve :cursing: . I was wondering if anyone has some clever ways to say piss off without ending up a you tube sensation?

• Get an air horn the likes of which @ericastar76 is working to install and make them crap their pants...

That would be a video edit.

As for polite...

"I will not sign a release... post that publicly and you will meet my legal team."

Would you post that video or spend the next month trying to determine if a "somebody" just put a crimp in life style?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I hate to sound like a dink because I 100% know what you mean. Unfortunately, you'll have to get used to it. It is part of the experience of owning such a unique ride. Here in the US the law isn't on your side - being photographed or videotaped in a public place is legal unless they are infringing on your other rights, endangering themselves or others. It takes some getting used to. I can't tell you how many times we've had our picture or video taken while we are driving, at a stop light, or getting gas. If I had a dollar I could probably retire.

The best advice I can give you is to embrace it - become an ambassador for Slingshots. Part of the appeal of the Slingshot is that you don't see them around here everyday. Have fun with it. I'm not an extrovert so it took a while for me to get used to. Become an ambassador for the product and you might find yourself with a new riding partner.

If that doesn't work training yourself to ignore it is probably best, but trust me, I know how uncomfortable it can be - even dangerous at times. There are probably more photos and videos of you and your ride than you want to even guess in this day and age of CCTV, dash cams, camera phones, etc.

• I got mine in Feb of 2015...very few around. Driving into to Lake Villa, Il from Northwest Indiana ---I294 around Chicago I would have people on both side of me in multi lanes of traffic at 70+ mph taking pics and video---almost very one I drove by. Today only 25/30% of people taking pics. I FEEL EGNORED....

I still love the Slingshot after 67,000+ miles and love it more every time I get in it. Which is almost every day.

• I did debate pulling out my phone. Usually i can ignore them but sometimes it does still get to me. Apparently I am not cut out to be a celebrity :D

I do remember a guy who bought one early in 2015 had it up for sale a short time later... Why you ASK???? It attracted to MUCH attention. and you DIDN"T know that when you bought it.

We (as owners) are the lucky few who can afford to own and drive this crazy machine. Enjoy and take the ladies and a few guys for a ride. I stoped to pick up some stuff at the store and a quite little 3 year old (girl) was getting mom to look. So I invited her to set in the Slingshot and have Mom take a picture.

I do have my business name on the Slingshot. Tax write off.....

• I have seen 2 people run into the rear of the car in front of them when they were staring right at my slingshot. This was back when the slingshot first came out.

And I almost ran into the rear of a ford explorer on Interstate 22. I was running 80mph and everyone was just rolling on down the highway. I looked down at my radio to change the station and the Explorer had slowed to 45mph for NO reason. I slammed on my brakes a slowed down and noticed a kid was climbing over the seats to get to the back window to take a picture of the slingshot.

Yea. That sucks when it happens. But it happens less and less as they become more prevalent.

• I’ve been driving behind people and they video me out the back window while they drive. Had them stop while going through intersections...I’m definitely the center of attention when I’m driving....my sling is unique looking.. had them take pictures while sitting beside me...they slow down so they can take pictures and videos when I pass them...

Since I’m not on any social media...I have no idea if I’m on the net or not...

I wear a chin guard helmet and over the glasses mirrored goggles so my identity is impossible to see. So I’m ok with pictures and videos...now maybe if everyone could see my mug...I might feel different..... but for now I’m the cool anonymous guy driving a wild looking “what is that thing?”

• Was it @av8ingtom who was getting looked at so hard there was an accident? And someone else, a while back....maybe @rabtech?....had someone near him hit a parked or stopped car or phone pole or something, while they were checking out his Sling. It happens, unfortunately.

It was @Ross and me in Maggie Valley. We were on a group ride and going thru some little town. A Cadillac was making a left hand turn and waiting for us to go by. A Ford Pickup truck driver was so interested in the SlingShots he did not see the Caddy stopped in front of him and plowed into the rear of the Caddy.

• It was @Ross and me in Maggie Valley. We were on a group ride and going thru some little town. A Cadillac was making a left hand turn and waiting for us to go by. A Ford Pickup truck driver was so interested in the SlingShots he did not see the Caddy stopped in front of him and plowed into the rear of the Caddy.

That's the one. Just crazy.

• I've had my Sling since December 2014. Pictures, smiles, waves, thumbs up, finger pointing,horn honks, questions, comments - it's all pretty much part of any ride. I've had some great conversations with some fun people. The photo taking on the road by drivers when I first got it was a real concern. The people who try to take a photo 'on the sly' crack me up.

The biggest annoyance - 'do you drive it?' 'does your husband let you drive it?'

• I don't mind the looky lous or even the questions, some go on a bit to long but I tolerate it. What I do mind is when people start asking about what it costs. Some people ask in a non offensive way and I will tell the base prices, some are rude in how they ask so I just say "a lot". I was raised when asking money questions was considered not polite.

LC

• All of it is like the first verse in Seger's "Looking Back" :D

Seger - Looking Back/Live Bullet

You hit the street, you feel them staring
    You know they hate you can feel their eyes a glarin'
    Because you're different, because you're free
    Because you're everything deep down they wish they could be

You're lookin back (lookin back) they're lookin back (lookin back)
    Too many people lookin back