Clutch Interlock Switch

• Has anyone replaced their clutch interlock switch (2016.5 SL LE)? Mine has apparently failed, cannot start the engine with the clutch in. I "jumpered" past the switch to start the Sling but now have a "check Engine" light due to the jumper. I've looked, but can't figure out how to access the switch to trouble shoot it. Thanks in advance,

Ken

PS,
    I apologize for my "blunt" entry to the forum... Unfortunately, my frustration with attempting to access the clutch switch overrode my forum manners! Just purchased a used 16.5 SL LE Sling a week ago and while cleaning it I disconnected the clutch pedal to gain access to clean the foot wells... Unfortunately I did "something" to the clutch switch but I can't figure out how to gain access to the switch to look at it...

• Has anyone replaced their clutch interlock switch (2016.5 SL LE)? Mine has apparently failed, cannot start the engine with the clutch in. I "jumpered" past the switch to start the Sling but now have a "check Engine" light due to the jumper. I've looked, but can't figure out how to access the switch to trouble shoot it. Thanks in advance,

Ken

welcome aboard @Stealth01 - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

Has your warranty expired?

Please take a moment

• @Stealth01 Welcome to our Site. I was just working with the Clutch Switch Circuit with my Backup Camera Display Mod. I had to connect a wire to the switch lead as part of my mod. Find the connector that I show in this photo and follow the connector to the switch. Hope this will lead you to the location and what you will need to do to remove the switch. I did not need to remove it, so did not look at that part. Take a look at the area and see what you think. You may have pulled the connector Loose as it is fix mounted to a tab on the frame. This is the most likely condition you may find.

Good luck, let me know if you need more guidance and I will research.

I need to show where you will find the Connector Stored. It is mounted on a bayonet connection type tab. You must slide it off the tab.

• One more bit of information. Here is the Parts list from Polaris Parts showing the Clutch Switch and how it looks. May help. One added point, this is a Magnetic Activated switch, so it is not mechanically operated. All sealed and internal.

• One more bit of information. Here is the Parts list from Polaris Parts showing the Clutch Switch and how it looks. May help. One added point, this is a Magnetic Activated switch, so it is not mechanically operated. All sealed and internal.

All, Thank you for the information. Spent some time under the hood and figured this issue out! The clutch interlock switch is a "Normally Closed" magnetic switch located aft of the clutch reservoir piston and forward of the clutch pedal mount bolt. You can see it below and aft of the clutch reservoir. the switch uses a simple "prong" mount with two alignment pins to maintain the switches mounted position. On my Sling, both mount prongs are broken off! It "appears" that to replace the switch you remove the clutch pedal (for access) and insert a new switch. Due to the wire routing and the "Check Engine" light being illuminated I'm going to let the Dealership perform the R&R of the switch. Thanks again for the inputs!!