Vanderhall announces single-seater

• You can see how vanderhall, at least it appears to me, that vanderhall is a more nimble company. The SS has not really changed much and the difference between models is not so great. These guys seem to be out to dominate the market.

I still like my SS...to me the extra seat comes in handy and the 2 back luggage spots is great to have, but this one seater really has my interest. Wish there was a dealer near me - I bet there will be by next year.

• Interesingly Polaris displayed an electric three wheeler, in France last year. However it looked like it was manufactured from sheets of cardboard.

20180805_014022.jpg

With all the talk about a new Polaris power plant, going into the next SlingShot, I wonder if they are actualy looking at a 100 mph, electric machine, (rather than the much talked about 1.4 L turbo diesel, (with 8 forward and 4 1/2 reverse gears along the new flux converter).

All the best, from UK_Paul

Soooo they removed the second seat from what was basically a single seater to begin with and covered the space left with some bodywork ....

I see this as just admitting what it really was from the beginning ........... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• agree ... I think I remember most who drove one with a passenger stating it was a tight fit and were shoulder to shoulder

• The Venice isn't made for folks who want comfortable, adjustable, seats. There is little space to store anything behind, or room for two people to comfortably go much further than nearest town. Virtually no vendors of aftermarket things. When I complained about the front fenders being so short that dirt, debris, water, etc flies back in my face VH replied the vehicle was "form over function"! That pretty much sums it up!

Great little motor, solid boxy welded aluminum frame...good ingredients; they just need to put some adjustable, comfortable seats in, options for adjustable windshield so that wind don't blow in the face, as a starter. The single seater is a start, but not nearly enough.

Oh, and a hood you can raise without having to take out eight bolts and lifting it off just to check the oil!

Initially I thought it was great, but that feeling didn't last long and I happily went back to the SS. LOL

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• You can see how vanderhall, at least it appears to me, that vanderhall is a more nimble company. The SS has not really changed much and the difference between models is not so great. These guys seem to be out to dominate the market.

Wish there was a dealer near me - I bet there will be by next year.

Let us see now, if I recall correctly, Vanderhall started around 2010 and were producing vehicles by 2012, three years ahead of the SlingShot? For the time being at least , Vanderhall doesn't seem to be much of a threat to Polaris to me? :/

Bill

• Let us see now, if I recall correctly, Vanderhall started around 2010 and were producing vehicles by 2012, three years ahead of the SlingShot? For the time being at least , Vanderhall doesn't seem to be much of a threat to Polaris to me? :/
    Bill

There is no way that I would trade or buy one and I was the first one to do a demo ride last year at bike week at Myrtle Beach

• Haven`t seen you in a while, hope you`re doing well. I was there at the demo rides the same day you were and after owning two Slingshots, a 2015 and then a 2016.5 Slingshot I traded for the Vanderhall and have never looked back.

• How fast are these?

I was told 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds and top speed of 130 mph. It is pretty quick and a joy to drive. Reminds me of the MG Midget that was around when I was much younger. I don`t miss the whine of the right angle drive or the belt of the rear drive on the Slingshot as the Vanderhall has front wheel drive. The automatic transmission isn`t bad either and put it in manual and shift with the bump shifter. Not everyones choice of ride but happens to be mine.

• I would like to test drive... just to see how it feels - looks interesting. Would not replace my Shot, but could make for an additional toy :thumbup: .

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.