Free Wash Job

• My area has had daily thunderstorms for last couple weeks, sometimes dumping a lot for short periods. Today I thought I'd sneak in a short trip for lunch but as I was leaving the restaurant there were a few light sprinkles so I just put my rain jacket on. About five miles from home it did a major dump and after a mile of that I pulled over to get under the overhang of a local service station till the rain passed. I only got a bit on my pants, most on left leg from the water flying out the holes in the fender.

Wiped it all down after getting home so now its cleaner than it was.

Thinking of painting a piece of aluminum flashing black and gluing it underneath those holes to prevent the water from coming back on me. What might be the downside of doing that?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• My area has had daily thunderstorms for last couple weeks, sometimes dumping a lot for short periods. Today I thought I'd sneak in a short trip for lunch but as I was leaving the restaurant there were a few light sprinkles so I just put my rain jacket on. About five miles from home it did a major dump and after a mile of that I pulled over to get under the overhang of a local service station till the rain passed. I only got a bit on my pants, most on left leg from the water flying out the holes in the fender.

Thinking of painting a piece of aluminum flashing black and gluing it underneath those holes to prevent the water from coming back on me. What might be the downside of doing that?

Even more wind resistance and hood buffeting on all the other days it *isn't* raining.

what year do you have? The fenders did have some changes over time and I'm trying to visualize which holes you mean

• @ulflyer , I have a 2016.5 and I glued a piece of the rubber liner that you get at Home Depot for the small in ground ponds. I just put it across the wheel side and covered the holes, no water in slots at all.
    JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• what year do you have? The fenders did have some changes over time and I'm trying to visualize which holes you mean

Badger...its an '18 SLR LE; holes are at the top.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling