Slingshots at Auction

• Was at a Manheim auto auction in Indianapolis today. They were running a lane of motorcycles and also had 3 Slingshots that ran. I am sharing this, because of how much $ they brought.

2015 Base- 8800 miles, bald tires, not the best aftermarket stereo install I have seen, and the lower front wings on both sides were completely broken off. The nose piece they attach to was also cracked and broken. It brought $11,100!!!

2016 LE- 11,300 miles, very clean, & the only mods I saw were a CAI & a PRP 1st gen seats. It was red in color. It brought $16,700!!!

2016.5 LE SE- 10,800 miles. Very clean, but the tires were on the weak side. Blue in color and the only mods I could see were some tastefully done pinstripping. That one brought $16,300!!! (Would have thought it would have done more than the LE)

I am a car buyer for a large dealership group. Have started to see more and more Slingshots starting to show up at various auction houses around the Midwest. Never really had time until today to watch what kind of $ they brought. Frankly I was really impressed. Indiana is a very strong motorcycle state, especially Harley Davidson's. A buddy of mine who is a motorcycle wholesaler said that Slingshots do very well here also. He did say that those 3 probably went a little higher than they should have, but not totally out of bounds with the exception of the 15 which was a total RAT!!! They are holding their value pretty well when you consider the average car losses about 50% of its value after 4 years with miles of 15,000 a year on average.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• That is good news indeed. Add to that Polaris hasn’t made any serious changes for ‘19 bodes well for our values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Just noticed that I put the wrong trim level descriptions on my above post. Slingshots don't "decode" correctly on the automobile vin decoder that I use. The LE means that it is okay for sale in states with higher emission standards like California. Should have put SL & SL LE. Not sure if I didn't catch that because of too many cocktails, being tired, or just plain brain deadness!!! The choice is yours!! Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app