NEW ZZP TURBOS NOW AVAILABLE AT WWW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM

• AT WWW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT .COM we are pleased to announce we have secured the Distributorship of the industries newest , most complete , and most affordable Turbo Kits. Manufactured by ZZPerformance. With over 50 employees, and 60,000 sq. ft. dedicated to dominating the G.M 2.0 TO 2.5 Liter industry, their expertise and state of the art production facilities have led them to indisputably leading the Cobalt, Pontiac 3800 , Cadillac ATS/LTG and now the new Camaro 4 cylinder line ups. With all their skills and resources it was only a matter of time before they entered the Slingshot industry and what an entrance indeed ! Using this exact same turbo kit available to you from All Things Slingshot, with only a few modifications, an electronic boost controller cranked to only 9.5 lbs boost, 43 # injectors and their own correspondingly adjusted tune, they were able to set the current 1/2 mile record speed of 131.12 m.p.h. ! And all this using only this turbo kit and a stock engine, no forged internals, no double digit boost !

We have recently installed this kit in our SSBODYKITS demo sling and am currently awaiting return of our ECU we sent away for tuning. Amazingly enough the tune is included in this complete kit price of $2,994.99 or $ 3,124.99 DELIVERED . Continental U.S. While it is the proprietary tune of ZZP, comprised of a decade and a half's tuning experience in the world,s fastest 2.4 Ecotecs the tune is actually programed with your ECU unlocking , (keyed) by CBM of Colton C.A

also INCLUDED IN THIS KIT;

-ZZP Ecotec turbo manifold, header
    -ZZP ball bearing turbo, oil cooled with water option at no extra charge.
    -Tial MVS 38mm waste gate
    -ZZP custom turbo muffler with recirc waste gate
    - All Charge pipes, black , textured
    -ZZP Intercooler specifically designed for the Slingshot
    -ZZP blow off valve
    -ZZP Cold air intake, box
    -All fittings, hoses, and Clampco T-bolt clamps
    -2 bar map sensor
    -ZZP in-house-developed tune, flashed by CBM

This TURBO KIT is a true bolt on , with the required skills, AND AT ONLY $3,000.00 complete, you can turn your stock Slingshot into a 6.5 lb (310 H.P) 263 W.H.P fire breathing dragon producing 269 ft. lbs of torgue ! At 6.5 lbs this kit will run forever and adds over 100 WHP. from stock .This kind of added power is great but arguably the best perk to this turbo would be its spool speed, possible only with a ball bearing turbo which provides a more consistent boost without turbo lag. You won’t find yourself waiting or wondering when the boost will hit while driving with this kit, as the boost will start almost immediately as you accelerate. Kyle's world speed record confirms this.

And at only $3000.00 complete ! With ZZPerformance's economies of scale, being the largest manufacturer of performance products in the automotive Ecotec Arena, the cost of turbocharging your Slingshot has dropped substantially. No more added expenses after purchase for turbo exhausts , Cold Air Intakes and tunes , All that is included in this price !

At All Things Slingshot, we are pleased to be able to offer you this kit at factory direct prices and as the newest Slingshot dedicated retailer only we can offer you 5% Of All Dollars Spent , back in points in exchange for your customer loyalty ! AND Installation packages can be negotiated at our place, OR YOURS !

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/82584/

• Freaking awesome @kev. This is great to see ... and at a great price. Also let us know how you like it after you get the ECU back and some miles on it.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Yes, @Lrobbie I can hardly wait ! I'll be sure to post the results. you can see by the wires drooped over the windshield I got so anxious just to hear it run , I hooked up my new AEM failsafe temporarily, pulled the wastegate spring out and put the one bar map sensor back in . The AFR ,S WERE STAYING GOOD SO I RAN IT AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO START TARNISHING THE MANIFOLD AND STUFF LOL with the factory tune . My hearing sucks but the performance pipe has a little higher crisper ring to it but definitely not too loud , and without the cats I could definitely notice a snappier response mid range , but didn't want to push it in that condition . so now I sit counting the days lol

Patience has never been my best virtue !

• The most time consuming part of installing the kit is simply removing the aluminum oil pan, drilling a 13/16'' hole and inserting the threaded male adapter for the turbine oil return line. It uses a basic O ring seal and while it seems to take a bit of time it is far simpler than drilling and tapping the block and allows for 100 % cleaning of any filings.

• I really wish that there were a trade system in place for ECU tunes so that for a deposit / core charge they would send you a tuned ECU up front and then send you back your deposit / core charge when they received your ECU. When your Slingshot is your daily driver the down time caused by having to send in the ECU and wait for it to be flashed and returned makes any mod that involves ECU tuning much more difficult

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I want to be there to see you slide under your Slingshot to take off the oil pan :D:D:D

I will hold it up on one side while you crawl under if you want. 8o I will chose my lift to do mine. Just didnt know if kev used ramps or jacked it up or if he had a lift to do it thats why i asked

• I really wish that there were a trade system in place for ECU tunes so that for a deposit / core charge they would send you a tuned ECU up front and then send you back your deposit / core charge when they received your ECU. When your Slingshot is your daily driver the down time caused by having to send in the ECU and wait for it to be flashed and returned makes any mod that involves ECU tuning much more difficult

I know California is a large state, but have you checked to see how far away you are from Bob's location? I'm sure if it's a reasonable distance, you could ride over some Saturday morning and have him do it for you while you wait and you'd be back on the road home after lunch

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know California is a large state, but have you checked to see how far away you are from Bob's location? I'm sure if it's a reasonable distance, you could ride over some Saturday morning and have him do it for you while you wait and you'd be back on the road home after lunch

Yes - for me a tune would be fairly easy if it is something I could schedule to have done while I wait - might even make a good excuse to take a ride down by the beach. But i still think the core/exchange deal would be great for others who are not in California

As a side note in the OP it says the tune for this turbo is being done by CBM of Colton CA - - -is this a different place that can do tunes or are they using Bob who I believe is in Redondo Beach?

• Yes - for me a tune would be fairly easy if it is something I could schedule to have done while I wait - might even make a good excuse to take a ride down by the beach. But i still think the core/exchange deal would be great for others who are not in California
    As a side note in the OP it says the tune for this turbo is being done by CBM of Colton CA - - -is this a different place that can do tunes or are they using Bob who I believe is in Redondo Beach?

Ouch. MY fault for not reading the details and realizing who's thread this is. I'm sorry for stepping in and misleading anyone. Yes you are correct. the turbo system from ZZP uses a different tuner than the name I mentioned. Again, even though I screwed up, maybe you're closer to CBM who is also in CA. But you are correct that the down time waiting for the ecu to be shipped out, reprogrammed and returned is a factor if it's your everyday driver. Good thing overnight mail rates aren't that bad.

The problems that I can see with an exchange ecu program is that the ecu stores a LOT of info that the tunes don't touch. It stores the vin, engine speed, engine hours ect. It kinda serves as a black box (as do most of the newer car computers) so crash investigators can recreate the moments before impact to help in lui of witnesses

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Ouch. MY fault for not reading the details and realizing who's thread this is. I'm sorry for stepping in and misleading anyone. Yes you are correct. the turbo system from ZZP uses a different tuner than the name I mentioned. Again, even though I screwed up, maybe you're closer to CBM who is also in CA. But you are correct that the down time waiting for the ecu to be shipped out, reprogrammed and returned is a factor if it's your everyday driver. Good thing overnight mail rates aren't that bad.
    The problems that I can see with an exchange ecu program is that the ecu stores a LOT of info that the tunes don't touch. It stores the vin, engine speed, engine hours ect. It kinda serves as a black box (as do most of the newer car computers) so crash investigators can recreate the moments before impact to help in lui of witnesses

interesting point - I had not considered the other non tune related information that the ECU might contain.

• Hey @kev whats all involved in remiving the pan? Did you need a new gasket ir is it gasket maker paste type? Did you do it on a lift to make it easier

I was probably the last or one of the last to install Hahn's turbo kit using the oil pan return. I bought a pre-modded oil pan that already had the return oil bung welded in place. I actually used some instructions originally written for the Alpha turbo kit and modified by @Blitzkrieg from the old forum when I pulled the oil pan. See my post # 19708 here for more info - What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?. Basically, I had my Slingshot on jackstands and used a floorjack to lift the transmission and engine block so I could use some wood blocks under the engine mounts to hold the engine up while removing the oil pan.
    Brass brushes and brake cleaner or gasket remover work best for removing the old gasket material. Some folks use metal scrapers, but I do NOT recommend that since it's all too easy to score the aluminum mating surfaces. You can safely use a plastic razor blade as a scraper (available from Amazon and other places). If you use spray brake cleaner, try spraying some in a small can and then use a cheap brush to apply the cleaner so you don't spray it all over the place. (That stuff will remove any paint it touches). Let the brake cleaner or gasket remover sit a little while to soften the gasket. Getting all of the gasket cleaner off the pan and block mating surfaces is definitely the worst part. Be sure to NOT touch the gasket material during re-installation or you may get a leak and need to pull, clean and replace the pan again! Don't ask me how I know this! :(

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Hey @kev whats all involved in remiving the pan? Did you need a new gasket ir is it gasket maker paste type? Did you do it on a lift to make it easier

Oh yah @gooseman I definitely used a hoist and a tranny stand to lift the engine after backing off the bottom engine mount and tranny crossmember bolts, as @maverick5990 suggested without a hoist would be a bear. if you could at least get it up to Quickjack height and then use an engine hoist to chain and raise the engine , it may be possible but a bear . you have to get it up almost two inches to slide the pan out . If a guy doesn't have access to a hoist I think I would suggest having him drive his sling to his local automotive garage and having them drop the pan and either you drill it and insert the threaded adapter or they do then temporarily plug it, reinstall the pan, bring it home and install your kit there . And yes the factory gasket is just some sort of siliconized, or rubberized rtv gasket maker , so I used Permatex Black gasket maker to reinstall mine.
    All in all installing the whole turbo kit is no more difficult than dropping the pan , but I agree with most, dropping the pan is preferred over drilling and tapping the block.

• CBM received my ECU yesterday and turned it around in one day ! I am getting a little antsy to get this turbo running so I emailed them last night asking them to return it overnight air ,all the way across the country , if they would and I would gladly pay the extra cost. This afternoon I got the confirmation from them its going out by International air and only cost me the $ 43.00 upgrade which I was expecting because that's what Purolator charged me to air freight it there. The COURIER companies tell you overnight is available all the way across the country and over the border ,when in fact its the second day before they deliver it to you. So if your willing to pay overnight instead of standard ground or postal , the ECU programming doesn't have to be that painful at all ! and besides you need time to install your gauges etc, Except I've sourced a new triple pod that is cool and should be able to do double duty as an audio shade and its taking longer to get that here than the tune ! If the fiberglass triple pod turns out the way I hope it will with a little modifications, I may make it available too.

• WHILE Reading logs from an AEM Failsafe may be the best way to study afr, boost , rpm, relationshps etc they are not as simple and straight forward as simply watching your AEM.Failsafe gauge continually through your turbo loving high rpm runs and your rod hating long hard hauls at low rpm . I have configured my failsafe to display boost on the outside scale with green to 8 lbs , yellow to 9 and then red . and AFR in the center. (this may get changed) So I picked up a great deal on a couple of used Garmin Virb XE,s On kijiji ,our version of Craigs list, the guy was offering two slightly used for the price of one new and claimed to be including a few accessories so I bought it. see the pic for his version of a couple accessories.

Anyway my plan is to have one fixed on the road ahead and tach, and the other focused right in on the AEM Failsafe so when the videos are overlayed we will be able to fast forward to monitor what happens with boost on deliberate low rpm long hard hauls preferably uphill , irregardless of wastegate spring rating . there are far too many variables to rely on wastegate spring rating alone. So I,ll be studying the videos constantly to learn the actual amounts of boost created under certain conditions with a 6 lb wastegate spring

1-first off read the fine print from Tial, spring ratings assume a 1/1 back pressure rating and realistically the exhaust manifold pressure on a typical turbo system can be 1.5 times intake pressure or more. Their waiver says up to 2 lbs variation may occur
    2- boost creep, this can happen on long hard hauls when the excessive exhaust gases created simply overflow or saturate the wastegate ,resulting in increased boost from not properly using your available rpm
    3- too many other variables to mention

As soon as my ECU arrives I,ll begin monitoring and testing and post lots of videos . @ericastar76 I love the road view on all your videos , where are you mounting that virb?

• I have it positioned just over the windscreen... it's the perfect place as there's little vibration from wind because it breaks off the top about 2-3 inches above the windscreen due to its pitch. Also, I'm using the same quick-disconnect mounts you have in the picture you posted (they are FANTASTIC). Further, the entire setup fits perfectly on my accessory mount bar (Ride Hard Powersports sells them if need one).

Hope that helps...

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png