NEW ZZP TURBOS NOW AVAILABLE AT WWW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM

• The ZZPerformance dyno report below was generated using the standard kit offered here by allthingsslingshot.com and setup for 6 1/2 lbs boost
    It,s an interesting chart as it has AFR overlaid as well. You can see it consists of two dyno runs on the same day 6 minutes apart, same operator.

Lets look at the average of run 1 . you can see on this run AFR ran 12.5 no worries of running too lean there.
    The ft lbs of torque produced maxed out at 263 ft lbs.
    And through that entire run Boost never exceeded 7.4 lbs nor AFR 12.5
    Substantiated by these charts, ZZP proudly boasts an additional 100 W.H.P over stock, that's 250 W.H.P or 295 H.P. at the crank.

Conclusion; One damn fast spooling, quality ball bearing turbo kit , capable of producing one hell of a kick in the ass 263 ft lbs torque on only 6.5 lbs of boost maxing out at 7.4 lbs !
    How do you spell, TURBO CHARGED 2.4 ECOTEC LONGEVITY !

t

• some ELSEWHERE have commented that this is not a typical dyno run graph. That is correct. This is a marketing graph for a sport version, turbocharge system,
    designed to show you the AFR and Boost levels at maximum power runs to demonstrate how a properly designed turbo package can still give great performance levels at an engine stress level that won,t jeopardize the longevity of your 2.4 stock Ecotoec

• Save my post and look back at it when you have a chance to dyno the machine and get some input from a boosted guru in your area. I think it will make more sense at a later time.

I am not biased towards a certain kit/brand, as I have a mix of parts on my machine. The turbo kit I have currently, cannot even be purchased. I simply want to see the rest of the group get good/correct information.

Anyone can run more boost on their kit. It is as simply as changing wastegate springs or turning up a manual boost controller. The description and information should revolve around how the kit was designed and what it will do with no modifications.

Right now, it's all just super confusing and looks deceiving from my perspective...

This marketing/strategy makes a bunch more sense if it will do the number safely.

A more affordable kit capable of an exhilarating 100 whp over stock without as many risks associated with higher boost.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

Edited 2 times, last by TravAZ ().

• Yes @TravAZ I think we have to agree to disagree on some items unless my dyno runs prove differently. In the meantime I am inclined to agree with what Ive seen from the nations largest manufacturer of Ecotec performance products , their credibility which is undispuatable, or they wouldn't have succeeded to that number one position , as well as the achievements this kit has accumulated to date, give me great faith in acclaiming what you have agreed with above. That a more affordable kit capable of exhilarating 100whp over stock without as many risks associated with higher turbo boost makes sense ! And please let me clarify , this is not to say that other kits making more horsepower do not have a place in this market too, of course they do , there are some fantastic products out there. What we offer is a readily available, well priced alternative . That's all

• While waiting patiently for my other two gauges, oil pressure and water temp to display with my AEM failsafe, I've started on a new triple gauge pod to mount on the windshield post which gives a great shaded field of view . It'll actually float the leading edge about 1'' above the red panels , better shown in the first photo.

• @TravAZ If there is anything that seems confusing or questions you have regarding the kit that you think the group should have, please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions. As for the kit, it is completely safe how we sell it out of the box and will make the power numbers we list safely and reliably. The description and information we list is actual results that the gen pop can expect. We have been testing this kit for years before releasing it to the public. ZZP is not in the business of rushing parts to the industry that are not tested and could have a high failure rate just to get your money up front and make the quick sale. We would rather be a little "late to the party" and bring a solid product and have the ability to grow and establish a positive relationship with people and offer a solid product and hopefully retain some repeat business.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• will ZZP perform install while I wait if I drive to Colton CA for the day on a weekend?

@p120ud213azn Hey Chuck, to start, ZZP is located in Wyoming MI and sadly we are only open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. The install takes 2 days. It's a total of about 8hrs of labor typically and we also need to verify the tune. But for the tuning we still have to send your PCM to CBM to be flashed. With an install here we would overnight it to CBM, they would take a day to flash it, and then overnight it back to us. If you have any other questions please let me know. You can also email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com if that is any easier for you.

• Oh shoot, sorry. I was thinking of CBM, who is located in Colton CA. Will they perform install there in Colton?
    If not, do you have a authorized reliable shop in Southern California you trust with installing your kit?

• Oh shoot, sorry. I was thinking of CBM, who is located in Colton CA. Will they perform install there in Colton?
    If not, do you have a authorized reliable shop in Southern California you trust with installing your kit?

From his prior posts I have gotten the impression that Kev is more than willing to come to you to do the install for you - - - Perhaps an airline ticket, a place to stay and a trip to Disneyland is all it would take :00008643:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

Unfortunately, CBM does not do the installs. They only do the PCM flashing for us and currently we do not have any shops that we work with that I could recommend to you. Maybe there are some other members on here in SOCAL that could make a recommendation of a shop they trust and is familiar with forced induction installs?

• WOW WOW WOW ! That's all I can say ! My faith in our free market system and the fact that you only remain at the top for years by repeatedly delivering what the consumers demand has been confirmed ! When I went back to the house for lunch yesterday my E.C.U. had been quickly turned around by CBM and local Purolator delivery had delivered after what seemed like an eternity, a three day long weekend.

After tooling around with it for an hour, warming it up, shutting it down, rechecking clamps and levels etc I decided to pull her out on the backroads and check it out. Oh My God ! It was scary to say the least ! that fast spooling turbo is there. INSTANTLY , I,m used to smoking the rear tire right through first gear and chirping it into second, normally aspirated. But the exhileration of STILL BURNING IT RIGHT UP AND THROUGH SECOND AND THEN DEAD! caught me off guard. For a half a sec I panicked, only to realize I had just limited out on the rev limiter ! Instantly ! Ok I said, sat back and caught my breath, let's try this again and this time a little less throttle till I feel it out. ( clean shorts wouldn't have hurt either)

AMAZING ! That's all I can say ! Once I found the tune, not expecting it to be right there, at the top of the pedal, and got used to just leaning on it a bit , not actually pressing a quarter throttle or anywhere close , I was blown away ! That extra
    100 w.h.p. comes on fast and just races, and I mean RACES through the midrange . relax a little bit in third gear then lightly lean on the pedal again and the damn tire breaks loose again !

Being a normally aspirated guy I was just shocked, after have ridden with a few 9 and 10 PSI guys I suppose the big numbered boost settings had Biased me psychologically, as I guess I had prepared myself for something less from a 6 lb system. It just doesn't happen that way ! That first six lbs of boost delivers far more set back in the seats punch, then the second six lbs in any system and is more than enough IMHO to keep up with the biggest dogs in any 1/4 mile run. The damn thing spools fast ! and I mean fast, there is no turbo lag ! AND THE TUNE IS AMAZING ! As fast as you apply the lightest pressure on the pedal , it doesn't even use any throttle travel, Its there !

Like I implied earlier, theres a reason ZZPerformance parts and tunes power more 2.4 performance vehicles than anybody else , period ! And this turbo kit embellishes all their experience and technology into one terrific Turbo Kit That Will Make An Additional 100 W.H.P. SO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN ! I know mine certainly has.

My hat is off to ZZP !