NEW ZZP TURBOS NOW AVAILABLE AT WWW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM

• Hey @kev welcome to the boosted club!
    You know used tires are great for landscaping - I hope you have a big yard cuz your going to have a lot used worn out rear tires in your future. I just replaced mine again!
    Changing the rear tire will become the most expensive part of routine maintenance 5 quarts of oil, oil filter, rear tire, mount and balance.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Now that I have my new turbo running I thought I,d better get that AEM Failsafe mounted permanently so I Added some attachment brackets to float my new triple gauge pod off the windshield post, texture sprayed it all and mounted it. Decided to switch my windshield back to an old tallboy I keep for cooler weather use, to see how it all looks together. There Are many different ways to mount all your aftermarket turbo gauges, this is just another viable option

• Now that I have my new turbo running I thought I,d better get that AEM Failsafe mounted permanently so I Added some attachment brackets to float my new triple gauge pod off the windshield post, texture sprayed it all and mounted it. Decided to switch my windshield back to an old tallboy I keep for cooler weather use, to see how it all looks together. There Are many different ways to mount all your aftermarket turbo gauges, this is just another viable option

looks very nice, but seems a bit large to me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hey @kev
    I love that gauge pod - just not the location - will it fit on the drivers side dash?

Yah sure Mitch, I tried it there originally but with my short ass and the position I like my steering wheel it was pretty much blocked by the steering wheel , I can tell you where to get one for $69.00 then you have to add attachment brackets , maybe paint as they come gloss black, http://www.glowshift.com Subaru imprezza 02-07. But actually when its laid back at dash slope the sun visor portions stood way up to tall, but WWW,glowshift.com has plenty others like ATI's above without those long sunvisors too.

• Heres a Sound clip for the ZZP turbo , just a low rpm static run , tried to get some sound clip , running hard but with my tallboy windshield back on , it was too damn quiet in the cockpit, mostly just road noise , Who would make such a windshield !

• This post is worthless without pictures.

He has pics in posts 1, 4, 17, 24, 29, 44 & 50.
    When I initially heard about this kit, I was concerned about reliance on the stock injectors and their ability to deliver enough fuel at higher boosted rpms where the engine may demand more fuel than the stock units can handle. If user experience proves this kit to be worthwhile, its inclusion of a water-cooled turbo housing and a muffler/exhaust at this price-point would make it a strong contender for a lot of folks, especially those on a budget.
    From @Kev's initial impressions, it certainly sounds attractive and I would be seriously considering it if I didn't already have a Hahn Stage 2 kit installed.

• He has pics in posts 1, 4, 17, 24, 29, 44 & 50.When I initially heard about this kit, I was concerned about reliance on the stock injectors and their ability to deliver enough fuel at higher boosted rpms where the engine may demand more fuel than the stock units can handle. If user experience proves this kit to be worthwhile, its inclusion of a water-cooled turbo housing and a muffler/exhaust at this price-point would make it a strong contender for a lot of folks, especially those on a budget.
    From @Kev's initial impressions, it certainly sounds attractive and I would be seriously considering it if I didn't already have a Hahn Stage 2 kit installed.

You'll have to excuse me... While on my riding mower I ended up having a fight with a tree branch today and I not only lost that fight I now have no memory of those pics. That's my sob story and I'm sticking to it.

• I just did a quick search for ZZP turbo kits and found the following -

ZZP's YouTUbe Channel - ZZPerformance Official
    - YouTube
    (for some reason, this link didn't work when I pasted it into my browser window, but that's the link produced when I searched YouTube for ZZPerformance Official) -
    includes 2 videos related to the Slingshot -

(mentions need for larger injectors for increased drag strip performance)

Comments on ZZP products from an old thread on a Pontiac G5 forum - ZZP supercharger kit ----- simple bolt on?

Installation instructions for installing a ZZP turbo kit on a Chevy vehicle that has a very restricted engine compartment compared to the Slingshot -2.4 Turbo Install.pdf. While the instructions are relatively brief, they should still be adequate for forum members to do the install with a post or two here for assistance/clarification.

Looking over this stuff, I still have a few questions about the kit. Where does the O2 sensor install since it looks like the turbo connects directly to the muffler? How much room is there to add a second O2 sensor for gauges as opposed to ECU support? When will larger injectors be available for the ZZP Slingshot kit and are they really needed for normal street operation?
    The more I look into this kit, the more attractive it seems to me.

• Just so there is no confusion, he is talking about bigger injectors for increased performance at the strip since he wants to turn up the boost because he wants the world record for fastest slingshot.

They say that the kit as it comes configured for 6.5# of boost does not need larger injectors.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks @Neosolidus and @BKL , good points , the kit has accomodations for the stock o2 sensor which came off the original exhaust manifold, in the form of a bung right after the 3 '' turbo flange on the short little stub into the muffler. (you can see the wire harness running down behind the flex connector to it )ZZP recommends the location for the A.E.M sensor however the bung is provided with the a.e.m. failsafe and one has to weld it in if they choose to upgrade to a failsafe , you can see in the photo I put mine right where ZZP recommends, directly over the P in ZZP on top of their muffler.
    As far as bigger injectors ZZP with all their experience in the 2.0 liter to 2.4 liter performance packages, and were talking thousands, not dozens , has been adamant that the bigger injectors are not necessary to run boost in the 6.5
    lb range , I have only just got my Ecu back and already have put three tanks of fuel through it exploring every run parameter that I can think of, And I can tell you , their expertise is not by coincidence!
    As hard as I can run it , full W.O..T. runs or long hard hauls starting from ridiculously too low an rpm, my A.E.M. shows A.F.R and boost accordingly as fast as instantly !! It of course always sits around 14.3 just rich of Stoich, (14.7) given our pressure density and temps here this week, when ever in vacuum. But as fast as you can make that boost climb and it is fast. the AFR richens up accordingly, she,ll jump right through 13.5 , 12.5, 11.5 or 10.5 and everything in between whether at 4,000 rpm or W.O.T runs bouncing off the rev limiter in every gear! It is so fast on the AFR richening up , its hard to read as you slam it through the gears , so I pulled it Back to the computer and reconfigured the A.E.M display to slow speed just so I COULD ACTUALLY KEEP UP TO READING IT , IT RESPONDS SO FAST.

And I know what your all gonna say . data logs , pics etc, well give me a break, I have been so busy in the shop this week welding up dollies and getting on windshields I,m behind on. that's its all I can do to run those three tanks through before dark every evening this week as that has been the most exciting and eye opener for me . Yes I have gotten a hold of a couple Virb Xe cameras and will show you all this in person , I just haven't had the time this week to even think about learning a new video software editing program this week ! But stay tuned over the next week and you shall see !
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/83519/
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/83505/

• @BKL Regarding the stock injectors, they are completely fine at the 6.5psi that the kit will run. I only mention needing larger injectors based off wanting to turn the boost up beyond that point.

Anyone purchasing the kit is highly encouraged to contact either myself or @kev directly should you need any tech support should you need it.

There is a bung for the factory O2 sensor just past the turbo going into the neck of the muffler. If you want to add a wide band O2 sensor, you will need to put another bung just above the "P" in the ZZP logo embossed into the top of the muffler.

We are going to add options to what will soon be the existing base kit and add things you can purchase for the kit to go beyond the base 6.5psi in the near future like larger injectors, forged pistons, and rods. We are still developing the tuning for that. The base kit will likely be more than enough power for most but we also understand that once you get used to the kit it's always an addictive game of bigger better faster more now.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke