One of my Threads Got a "Dislike"

• Sam, it was more than likely a slip of the finger on the key. I have been guilty of it myself. Don't take it personally as your input on this forum is well respected

That is what I think. two people rated it, the like shows who but the dislike doesn't. The other person maybe will see this thread and correct their rating or comment. Thanks @gooseman for your kind words and support.

• I always "like" your tips and videos @samowens44!!
    Hopefully I didn't inadvertently hit the "dislike" button. I've caught myself doing this once in a while, and quickly change it.
    I checked, and did not see where I had previously rated that particular posting, so I think it was not me. I did go ahead and "like" that one while i was checking. As stated previously.....I'd lay odds that someone hit the "dislike" by mistake. Your vids and How-To's are top notch and I, for one, thoroughly enjoy them!!! Keep up the great work!!!
    Too bad the "Like" & "Dislike" are side by side.....it's so easy to hit the wrong one!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I always "like" your tips and videos @samowens44!!
    Hopefully I didn't inadvertently hit the "dislike" button. I've caught myself doing this once in a while, and quickly change it.
    I checked, and did not see where I had previously rated that particular posting, so I think it was not me. I did go ahead and "like" that one while i was checking. As stated previously.....I'd lay odds that someone hit the "dislike" by mistake. Your vids and How-To's are top notch and I, for one, thoroughly enjoy them!!! Keep up the great work!!!
    Too bad the "Like" & "Dislike" are side by side.....it's so easy to hit the wrong one!!

I agree Roadog1, the dislike should be in a place not to confuse with like. cell phones and ipads it is very close together. Thanks, I am back to a full green display and will continue my attempts to produce the most accurate and knowledgeable material possible.

• This threads had reached a conclusion. All is good, Dislike button was pressed by error. I don't think the dislike button has any value with our members seeking information and folks giving it. They can click like if it helped them, if they don't like it, they should comment and help make things right. let's get rid of it. Or put it at the end. Thanks to all the members that watch my threads and video material.

Case Close! The End! Over and Out! Exit Stage Left! Sam Owens has left the building!

• I must agree Sam. I have accidentally hit the dislike button and realized I did it. You can hit the dislike button a second time to remove it but you must realize you did it before hitting submit. Your threads are informative and I do believe it was a slip of the finger.

• I can disable the dislike button.

Gonna probably get some hate mail and a few "dislikes" for this one but here it goes ......

Why ... we are all adults here ......

What does it matter if someone gives you a "dislike" .... I think getting upset about it to the point of starting a thread and lobbying to get rid of the dislike button is ...well ..... you get the idea ....

Why does it matter ... just do you and roll with it .. maybe I just don't understand the weight put on "likes" in this fragile social media age .... if everyone liked me I would definitely be doing something wrong .... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I must agree Sam. I have accidentally hit the dislike button and realized I did it. You can hit the dislike button a second time to remove it but you must realize you did it before hitting submit. Your threads are informative and I do believe it was a slip of the finger.

It was an error and it was corrected. I think we all see how easy it is to hit that "Mean" button,

• For those not sure if the suggestion was an honest one or a joke ..... please don't disable the DISLIKE button. On the rare instance that it is hit on mistake it should be fairly obvious to the OP if it was intentional because the post was in poor taste or if it was an unfortunate event or if it was deserved. Since there is no prize for points it should stay just like the LIKE button. I believe you can review a post to see who LIKES and who DISLIKES so if it is concern you have the ability to reach out to the individual to obtain clarity. IMHO we should not turn the forum into a place of only participation trophies and hugs but rather broad shoulders, strong backbones, and honesty.

• @Ross, I hit one of the Dislikes to say that I disagree, but wanted to show that my statement is a better way to show dislike. In my opinion. I still like you.

awww buddy - I like you too - and am very appreciative of the teaching and learning that you provide here .... please don't ever stop

but at the end of the day, there are times I prefer to hit DISLIKE rather than type the words DUMB ASS lol

• Folks this horse is dying, let's get off him. I think we all know this was a mistake and I am good with all of this. Only one thing, when I am putting out instructional material and if someone disagrees with what I am presenting, I need you to comment along with clicking the dislike button. I want to know what has cause you to dislike my help.