Seat Belts

• I have a 2016.5 Slingshot. Does anyone else have trouble finding getting the male end of the seat belt into the female end. I have after market seats and it seems that the female side is not long enough. Was thinking of going to a junk yard and trying to find ones that are longer, but wondering if they would fit. Thanks

• I have a 2016.5 Slingshot. Does anyone else have trouble finding getting the male end of the seat belt into the female end. I have after market seats and it seems that the female side is not long enough. Was thinking of going to a junk yard and trying to find ones that are longer, but wondering if they would fit. Thanks

the buckle type used on the slingshot is a standard end button release type so you might be able to find something at the junk yard - if not look here https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/ and search by buckle type

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• if you go to the bottom of this page https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/…n-release-seat-belts.html
    they do sell the three point sets and the cable side is offered in three different lengths - - if you call them they probably could sell you just the half that you are looking for in a longer length than the stock cable side

• I can get the buckle to engage w/o problem, but when I want to get out, the buckle sometimes seems to stick and not release as smoothly/quickly as I'd like. I end up needing to depress the release button while pulling on the belt to get it to release.

• I can get the buckle to engage w/o problem, but when I want to get out, the buckle sometimes seems to stick and not release as smoothly/quickly as I'd like. I end up needing to depress the release button while pulling on the belt to get it to release.

Spray it with some WD40.

• Does anyone know if there is a five point seat belt made for the 2016 Polaris Slingshot? Having raced rails in NHRA in the past, I know the value of having open seating and a five point seatbelt. With the right adjustments they can be very comfortable. Besides, it would make me feel a lot more comfortable if when taking my autistic son for rides he was buckled in a little bit more securely than just a three point seatbelt.

• Does anyone know if there is a five point seat belt made for the 2016 Polaris Slingshot? Having raced rails in NHRA in the past, I know the value of having open seating and a five point seatbelt. With the right adjustments they can be very comfortable. Besides, it would make me feel a lot more comfortable if when taking my autistic son for rides he was buckled in a little bit more securely than just a three point seatbelt.

yes, go to slingmods.com - slingshotonly.com or allthingsslingshot.com

all of the various vendors offer five point belts for the slingshot

• If you want to save some money you can also get five point belts here - Seat belts Plus

I run harnesses from Team Tech. They're made here in MI, They're just as nice as any harness that I've ever used, and they're a fraction of the price. They are fully customizable down to color of stitching, webbing, pads, pull tabs, connection type, etc. Turn around time is super quick. I ordered my 6pt and had it before the end of the week. I went with the standard harness and added the things I wanted. They will also re-certify them and not force you to buy a whole new set of harnesses. I would stay away from the harnesses sold on slingshot specific sites. All of the ones I have seen and used are pretty flimsy or use cheap parts and they usually cost more than a good set. A basic 5pt from team tech is $153 but PRP will charge you $178 for a 4pt and they fit like garbage. I have no skin in the game or affiliation with Team Tech but I'm all about great products that you are not overcharged for and also supporting MI made products. You can check them out here https://teamtechmotorsports.co…rnesses/standard-harness/

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I run harnesses from Team Tech. They're made here in MI, They're just as nice as any harness that I've ever used, and they're a fraction of the price. They are fully customizable down to color of stitching, webbing, pads, pull tabs, connection type, etc. Turn around time is super quick. I ordered my 6pt and had it before the end of the week. I went with the standard harness and added the things I wanted. They will also re-certify them and not force you to buy a whole new set of harnesses. I would stay away from the harnesses sold on slingshot specific sites. All of the ones I have seen and used are pretty flimsy or use cheap parts and they usually cost more than a good set. A basic 5pt from team tech is $153 but PRP will charge you $178 for a 4pt and they fit like garbage. I have no skin in the game or affiliation with Team Tech but I'm all about great products that you are not overcharged for and also supporting MI made products. You can check them out here https://teamtechmotorsports.co…rnesses/standard-harness/

these look great. I have to figure out what each feature does but looks like this is what I will order. Does it require a bar?

• these look great. I have to figure out what each feature does but looks like this is what I will order. Does it require a bar?

Here is what I did. I went with the standard harness. They offer a 4 point or a 5 point. I would highly recommend a 5 point. The 5th attachment point is a crotch strap. This eliminates what is called the submarine effect. The submarine effect happens when you are in a front end collision and you slide down and partially out of the harness. With the crotch strap this doesn't happen. It also keeps the lap belt across your lap.

For the closure, I went with a cam lock. It costs more but its easier to get in and out of. To get in you just insert the buckles into the cam lock and they automatically lock in like a normal seat belt. To get out, you just twist the handle to the right or left and all of the buckles release and pop out.

I also added both shoulder and pelvic pads. Those will make the shoulder straps more comfortable and god forbid you have an accident the pelvic pad will be between your crotch and that strap instead of just having the strap there to stop your crotch.

I did not add the pull tabs or release loops. However, in hindsight, I wish I would have. It's only $25 and it would've made loosening the straps before releasing them from the cam lock a lot easier. It's not hard now but $25 for the convenience factor is my only regret with these.

I did not add the sternum strap.

For the attachments it's all going to depend on how you plan on mounting them. Some people bolt them right under the roll hoops. I do not know if the bolt holes on these are large enough for those bolts to pass through. I know one company used to offer a harness bar. I do not remember who. That would probably be your easiest moutning solution for the shoulder straps and you could use the tube mount option for that. For the lap belt, I would see if you can use the bolt in option for that and see if your existing seats have accommodations for the stock seat belt lock and strap. If they do, you can likely just use the provided bolt holes for that. I would measure the diameter of that bolt and call team tech and see what the diameter of the bolt on hole option is. For the crotch strap you'll have to see what is available to use under the seat. and maybe you can clip or bolt to the seat frame.

Hope that helps a little.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke