DDM's Latest Tune

• Does your sling "rev hang" between gears or when coming to a stop? Does it sound like it has the whooping cough sputtering and bucking if you go full throttle then short shift it without letting it build up to a high rpm? Does the throttle seem to have a sensitive area around 3Krpm where it seems like just a little throttle gives more rpm than you expected?

Well mine did and it was very pronounced. I really really disliked it's little habits. Then I was provided the opportunity to try Dave and Bob's latest tune. I left Alabama at 7am Friday morning and rode the sling to Dave's place in South Carolina. I arrived there around 1:00 and caught Dave gone to lunch. I give him a call and he assured me he'd be right back. Since @Ghost Ryder sent me away without any breakfast I seized the opportunity to grab some lunch at the nearby Cracker Barrel.

When I was done with breakfast, lunch, and dinner it was back to DDM to get flashed. NO, NO, NO, you perverts get your heads outta the gutter. Dave didn't flash me he flashed my ECM. He and I went for little test ride then he sent me off to go try it out for a little while. I did and immediately noticed the improvement. Dave can comment here if I am wrong but it almost seemed as though the ECM was learning and as time went by. In any case I rode around for a little bit and went back by to confirm with Dave that everything seemed to be good and then I was on my way.

I took off in the general direction of Cedar Mountain NC enjoying my new found smoothness. It was definitely like riding a different sling. I will say that my "rev hang" is 90% gone. It will occasionally still do it and it seems like when you start it up cold and take off immediately is the most prevalent time for it to act up now. So far the "stumble" "cough" "sputter" when short shifting under full throttle is 100% gone. I spent Saturday piddling around at @Heavenboundx4 place so not much miles but on Sunday we left out at 7:00am headed to Deals Gap and then I rode back home. I got home last night with a little over 1k miles logged for the weekend and I have to say that the new "tune" is a HUGE improvement. @Lorge had the opportunity to ride it on Saturday and he was very impressed. I believe he will be contacting @Dave@DDMWorks soon to get the "tune'. My hat is off to Dave and Bob for the progress they have made in making the sling ride like it should have from the factory!

P.S. You know that shortcut from Cedar Mountain NC East toward Flat Rock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DON'T TAKE IT! It was looking like rain to the North and if I continued North it was going to be a pretty big circle. After already being on the road all day and also wanting to spend the night back near Greenville SC I didn't want to go much further North. I looked at the GPS and there was this road that went East toward Flat Rock and would allow me to get on hwy 25 back toward Greenville. I took it and it was a good road,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for a while, then it turned to dirt, then it turned to mud, then it got so narrow that I met an SUV and ended up backing up a ways to get to a spot wide enough for us to get by each other, then it started raining, and just about then it turned back to pavement again. One might say, why didn't you just turn around. Well, I'm kinda like an old tracking hound I had one time. He just didn't like running covered ground. Once I've ridden a road I usually don't go back that way that day with a few exceptions. It has caused me trouble at times but then again it has taken me on some adventures as @ericastar76 can attest too! All in all it turned out to be a good ride and I ended up back in Greenville before dark tired, dirty and ready for a shower and bed.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• That’s great news Tim. Mine has been plagued with those issues since day one. Never knowing when it was going to happen. Every time I tried to replicate the problems for Dave it would act right. I thought that being at sea level was one of the problems as once I got away from here it seemed to be ok.
    @Dave@DDMWorks let me know when I can send my ECU to Bob. :thumbup:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Now this has been released I can let it be known how good the tune really is. I have put about 3000 miles on my sling with the upgraded tune and couldn't be happier.
    It makes the pull through the boost so smooth, you dont think it is hitting as hard until you notice you just rolled through triple digits. It also delays the onset of the boost toll around 3000 prm which helps with grip comming off the line. Once it is warmed up you have a smooth idle (so I am told :whistling: ).
    I would recommend the new tune to anyone who has a DDM supercharger.

• This GREAT news has made me do the happy dance... OHHH man this getting better by the moment. Thanks DAVE!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Now this has been released I can let it be known how good the tune really is. I have put about 3000 miles on my sling with the upgraded tune and couldn't be happier.
    It makes the pull through the boost so smooth, you dont think it is hitting as hard until you notice you just rolled through triple digits. It also delays the onset of the boost toll around 3000 prm which helps with grip comming off the line. Once it is warmed up you have a smooth idle (so I am told :whistling: ).
    I would recommend the new tune to anyone who has a DDM supercharger.

I'm not sure Dave is/was ready to release the good news but the improvement was so great that I just couldn't keep it to myself! I am like a bird out of a cage and now the cat is out of the bag! :thumbsup:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I'm not sure Dave is/was ready to release the good news but the improvement was so great that I just couldn't keep it to myself! I am like a bird out of a cage and now the cat is out of the bag! :thumbsup:

You do know on this last tune...he installed a wireless receiver and now that you have gone ahead and blown the news...hes going to remotely erase your ecm effectively bricking your sling!! :whistling::evil:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• It was great to seeing you again. Next time bring the bride. She is much better to look at.

I had an absolute blast this weekend. Thank you and your bride for opening up your home to me and everyone else and making us all feel so welcome. I'll make a deal with you, I'll bring my bride next time if you'll get me another date with Doug. It's not him I'm interested in, I'm in love with his car! :00009068::00009069:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I think it’s $500 for the weekend but don’t quote me on that. When he does Want to Go Fast, that’s what he pays and yes they can carry passengers. We go down to support him....well really ride.

I wonder if I paid the fee for him and threw in a couple hundred extra for tire and brake wear if he'd let me ride along for a couple sessions? Hmmmm

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am still NA so this post may not be in the right place, but here goes. I sent my ECM to Bob a few months back, had a tune installed. This were different, the 1000 rpm idle I requested was spot on, the mpg was down a bit and it pulled really good in 4 and fifth, and I had a really bad rev hang between gears. Talked to Bob via email and he told me to put some miles on as the ECM has a learning curve. Close to 5000 miles now and the idle is still good, the 4 and 5 gear still pulls good, mpg has improved a bit, but the rev hang is killing me. It actually gains in rpm between gears, seems to be even worse when idling at a stop light for prolonged time, especially when hot. I can roll out in first go for second and actually drive, off throttle, for a few seconds before I have to apply throttle pressure, the go for third and the same thing happens. Really bad when in traffic, almost rear ended a couple of times. I will bear with it until the riding season slacks off and send it back to Bob, I have no concerns about Bob's work or his tunes, just something got goofy on mine, damn queer little elactrons probably blew each other.

LC

• @LargeCar Mine was terrible with the rev hang from the factory and even when I went boosted and Bob flash the ecm it was still very prevalent. Now it is like riding a different sling. I won't say that it is completely gone but it is soooooo much better than before. I wish you were close enough for us to get together and let you take mine for a spin. You'd be sold on the new tune that I have in a heart beat. I understand that you are still NA but I am assuming that Dave and Bob will apply what they have learned about the tune for the boosted set ups to the NA setups and they will be just as sweet!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am still NA so this post may not be in the right place, but here goes. I sent my ECM to Bob a few months back, had a tune installed. This were different, the 1000 rpm idle I requested was spot on, the mpg was down a bit and it pulled really good in 4 and fifth, and I had a really bad rev hang between gears. Talked to Bob via email and he told me to put some miles on as the ECM has a learning curve. Close to 5000 miles now and the idle is still good, the 4 and 5 gear still pulls good, mpg has improved a bit, but the rev hang is killing me. It actually gains in rpm between gears, seems to be even worse when idling at a stop light for prolonged time, especially when hot. I can roll out in first go for second and actually drive, off throttle, for a few seconds before I have to apply throttle pressure, the go for third and the same thing happens. Really bad when in traffic, almost rear ended a couple of times. I will bear with it until the riding season slacks off and send it back to Bob, I have no concerns about Bob's work or his tunes, just something got goofy on mine, damn queer little elactrons probably blew each other.

LC

I'm NA also and got a Bob Tune at Maggie last year. Distinct overall improvement BUT I had gotten rid of the rev hang before the tune. No cat, free flow exhaust and CAI coupled with a prior Polaris update had it running like a normal car. Do you still have a cat? If so, getting rid of it might be your best bet.

• Cat was gone before Bob's tune was installed. I'm sure Bob will rectify the problem as soon as I can part with the ECM for a few days. I'm in Oregon now and dont want to down the sling until I get back home, too much riding to be done in the Pacific Northwest.

Maybe I can send it to him when I start my journey home and it will be there waiting on me when I get home.

LC

• Cat was gone before Bob's tune was installed. I'm sure Bob will rectify the problem as soon as I can part with the ECM for a few days. I'm in Oregon now and dont want to down the sling until I get back home, too much riding to be done in the Pacific Northwest.

Maybe I can send it to him when I start my journey home and it will be there waiting on me when I get home.

LC

@LargeCar I am also running NA with Bobs Tune. exhaust (no cat), header, and intake. My friend and I sent our computers out together. Both came back with great results. Unfortunately we both almost immediately started to notice the rev hang that had never been there before, exactly as you have described. I spoke with Bob shortly after the tune and he assured me it was nothing to do with what he did. I have recently spoke with other individuals about this same problem but felt as though my friend and I where the only individuals this was happening to. I'm well aware that some stock Slings where plagued with this before a re-flash and have heard rumors about the SC slings. I have heard nothing but good things about Bobs tunes which made me think our issues where always there but only showed their ugly faces after.

• Just to be clear in case my other post was not. I did not have the rev hang before the Bob tune, only after. I have no issue with Bob or his work. Just something has gone goofy and some if us are getting the rev hang. I'm sure it will be corrected in the next tune. When Dave and Bob put their heads together only good things will happen. Be patient little grasshopper and good shall reign.

LC