Sport top accessories - any interest?

• Makes me wonder if anyone else is ordering new mats and has the old ones?

I'm most interested in just covering my transmission tunnel sides... Any clearance or closeout tunnel covers Patrick? :saint:

all sold out. No extras at this time.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• THE PATENT PENDING VISOR CAN BE USED WITHOUT OR A SHORT WINDSHIELD. It also can be locked in open position.

@mytoy appreciate the offer but I'm not sure why you capitalize the above statement in my vendor section?.... As for the patent pending and the discussion of a visor by others in my vendor section please know that the discussion of accessories to the MeanSling top are related to this product. I respectfully understand your IP status and without knowing the details (design or utility) I would have no plans to develop a product like this.
    I appreciate all the feedback given in our vendor section.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @mytoy appreciate the offer but I'm not sure why you capitalize the above statement in my vendor section?.... As for the patent pending and the discussion of a visor by others in my vendor section please know that the discussion of accessories to the MeanSling top are related to this product. I respectfully understand your IP status and without knowing the details (design or utility) I would have no plans to develop a product like this.I appreciate all the feedback given in our vendor section.

Sorry it was not my intend to hijack anything in your post. I was just trying to help. :(:(

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited once, last by mytoy ().

• I'm fine... Just wanted to make sure you understand that I get the IP thing. With all CAPs I had know way to interrupt it other than stay away.... Thought it was odd being in my vendor thread that's all.

The visor option was suggested by others and if you read through you will see that I never really responded to it. I did note that accessories for accessories is very hard to do. Now as another vendor you have all the right in the world too develop a visor for the MeanSling top if you feel it makes economical sense.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @KayTwo... Like I said, I'm fine. Honestly ... Nothing else should be said. I have a sense of pride regarding others IP and product development. Both at MeanSling as well as Rugged Ridge.

Either you stay away or build a better mouse trap.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @ThomaSS nor I wanted to do anything but try to help with a suggestion for something we wanted. Pretty sure we both just wanted to help others get something we thought might be desirable for the MeanSling top. I respect Deiter, and consider him a friend. His setup wouldn't work as it was, and we were looking for something for the tops we already have. Hoping this all was just a misunderstanding in the posts.

As for us, I'm a tooling designer, and a machinist. I may need a couple sets of the brackets Patrick, if I screw up. I hope they might be available if I do, as it does happens. But we will make something for ours, just takes time.

• Pat I just finished reading the thread.

1) interested in handles
    2) interested in deflectors
    3) what is the difference between my mats and the new improved?

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Any more development on a visor, or visors, Patrick?

Bill

I don't have my top yet, wont be here for a few days, but something that helps with air flow when its 110 to 120 degrees would always be something I would consider. Obviously I will have a better understanding of my need after I get the top installed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't have my top yet, wont be here for a few days, but something that helps with air flow when its 110 to 120 degrees would always be something I would consider. Obviously I will have a better understanding of my need after I get the top installed

Yep, I believe that you will find that airflow within the cabin is much more restricted where the top is a perfect accessory to the Madstad adjustable windshield, (which provides the comforting regulated ventilation. ) However, rain still comes through the gap between the windshield and top and this is where we are interested in adding a visor(s).

Bill

• Yep, I believe that you will find that airflow within the cabin is much more restricted where the top is a perfect accessory to the Madstad adjustable windshield, (which provides the comforting regulated ventilation. ) However, rain still comes through the gap between the windshield and top and this is where we are interested in adding a visor(s).

Bill

I have the low window that came on the 2016 SL - I believe people refer to it as a "blade" windshield

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have the low window that came on the 2016 SL - I believe people refer to it as a "blade" windshield

One thing that we have experienced is at highway speeds with the top adjusted to it's higher setting in the front, and the windshield set to it's lower setting, this created quite a bit of noise. It will be interesting to see what your observations are......................

Bill