Sport top accessories - any interest?

• Would there be interest in some accessories for the sport top.

Before anyone asks the mesh top is still problematic and is not in development at this time. Other solutions are in the works.

(1) wind deflection flaps mounted inside the top to direct air flow onto occupants?
    (2) simple to I stall A-Arm exit grab handles?

• Too much risk of bending the arms, I would think, when some of the extra-fluffy dudes really throw some torque into them.

wouldn't be suggesting if I haven't been testing for about a year. The load is directed down to the base as a pull force rather than a leveraged force. I'm not a skinny menny anymore... :cursing:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Just realized no one is talking about the wind deflection panels. That sounds interesting. It’s 95 outside right now and the shade is great but some extra airflow would be really nice.

these diverters work best with the lower windshield. Also Baker is working on A-Arm mounts for thier deflecters as well.

Next time you are driving take your hand and place it at the front bow just as it starts to roll down to the frame. Palm forward like a diverter and move it around. You should see what I'm talking about.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Not sure how much interest there would be in a flip down rain visor for MS top. @Goats_Hogs and I have been talking about it for a couple weeks. We don't want a tall windshield, like the wind in our face (just not when it's raining, sure be a plus to see better) :D Be nice to have something that works similar to a visor, flip down when ya need it, back up when ya don't, of course it would have to lock in place somehow. Just a thought. :whistling:

• Not sure how much interest there would be in a flip down rain visor for MS top. @Goats_Hogs and I have been talking about it for a couple weeks. We don't want a tall windshield, like the wind in our face (just not when it's raining, sure be a plus to see better) :D Be nice to have something that works similar to a visor, flip down when ya need it, back up when ya don't, of course it would have to lock in place somehow. Just a thought. :whistling:

@Ruptured Duck, maybe you and @mytoy could redesign the connections on his new visor and make one that would work with the Sport Top.

• The grab handles are all over EBay for Jeeps. Variety of colors. They work well on SS and are pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• The grab handles are all over EBay for Jeeps. Variety of colors. They work well on SS and are pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Jeep grab handles are of different size and methods of attachment. Think I have some insight into that.
    The attachment to a 7/8" bar has it's own requirements. Yes the approach is low tech and the cost would reflect that. I would just be offering it as turn key for my own product (MeanSling Top). I will always welcome those that do it for themselves. I'm that guy as well.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I might be interested in the wings @Ruptured Duck. I would be very interested in the visor shield if you could make it Patrick! @ThomaSS and I have been kicking it around more in the last two weeks, but I think we first talked about it in June. I've was thinking about it, and I believe you could have it mounted only at each bend on the front corners (if not, could modify the top and also add a center mount). If you were to use a slightly bowed piece like the bare Harley windshields have, I think it would take the wind pressure when locked into place. I'm thinking there should be a lock position of some type to keep it from slipping back. For my use, it wouldn't need to be stable at high speeds, as it would only be down during rain at a reduced speed. While I have a shorty helmet with a visor that I can use when raining, I am bad about not stopping and just pushing thru. The visor would keep a visible path in those times.

When we drove from Cherokee to Maggie Valley Wednesday afternoon, it sure would have been handy. I've never ridden in more of a dump of water in all my motorcycling years. 20 MPH, and still was hydroplaning. Couldn't see most of the way, but a visor would have greatly improved a very bad situation that day.

I will be ordering the new and improved mats this fall, along with the fire extinguisher quick release. They both are on the "winter mods" list.

• I might be interested in the wings @Ruptured Duck. I would be very interested in the visor shield if you could make it Patrick! @ThomaSS and I have been kicking it around more in the last two weeks, but I think we first talked about it in June. I've was thinking about it, and I believe you could have it mounted only at each bend on the front corners (if not, could modify the top and also add a center mount). If you were to use a slightly bowed piece like the bare Harley windshields have, I think it would take the wind pressure when locked into place. I'm thinking there should be a lock position of some type to keep it from slipping back. For my use, it wouldn't need to be stable at high speeds, as it would only be down during rain at a reduced speed. While I have a shorty helmet with a visor that I can use when raining, I am bad about not stopping and just pushing thru. The visor would keep a visible path in those times.

When we drove from Cherokee to Maggie Valley Wednesday afternoon, it sure would have been handy. I've never ridden in more of a dump of water in all my motorcycling years. 20 MPH, and still was hydroplaning. Couldn't see most of the way, but a visor would have greatly improved a very bad situation that day.

I will be ordering the new and improved mats this fall, along with the fire extinguisher quick release. They both are on the "winter mods" list.

that was a long ride back to the hotel Brent. I have never been in that kind of down pour. Do not think I have ever seen it rain that hard.

• Have some ideas for the visor if there would be interest. The main hurdle has to do with the limited sales to investment. If I had thousands of these tops in the market this would make sense. As it stands the market is limited to the units I have sold. All these accessories are dependent on the expected take rate to units sold. Accessories for accessories is not a strong business case. :/
    Now if items could be added to the top for x$ would that give more reason to buy the top over other options?
    For Baker is is easier as this is part of their core business. They sample need 7/3" clamps for thier existing product. Not a big gamble money wise.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I think it could Patrick, I was totally against a top, can't believe how much your top changed my opinion. All things considered, it's best topper out there! I usually go topless if weather looks good and it's not super hot, looks like might get into some rain, top goes on, having a rain visor would be awesome addition! Understand accessories for accessories.

Would also be advantageous in cooler weather!

Three Wheel Therapy

Edited once, last by ThomSS ().

• I will be ordering the new and improved mats this fall, along with the fire extinguisher quick release. They both are on the "winter mods" list.

Makes me wonder if anyone else is ordering new mats and has the old ones?

I'm most interested in just covering my transmission tunnel sides... Any clearance or closeout tunnel covers Patrick? :saint: