Sport top accessories - any interest?

• We have found one minor annoyance where we are thinking of altering our top is that when the front is adjusted to the top holes, (lowering the front), we are unable to open the top completely because the front corners hit the A-arms. A solution appears to be to purchase adjusting knobs with longer threads, (20MM?), and add spacers to the attach points to widen the space between the A-arms?

Bill

• We have found one minor annoyance where we are thinking of altering our top is that when the front is adjusted to the top holes, (lowering the front), we are unable to open the top completely because the front corners hit the A-arms. A solution appears to be to purchase adjusting knobs with longer threads, (20MM?), and add spacers to the attach points to widen the space between the A-arms?

Bill

good to know. As I have not received my top yet I am not familiar with the details of all of the adjustments. I know that the latch pin in the back has several height adjustments, but until I actually have it in hand I have no clue how I am going to set things.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Bill

OK, I just tried placing some spacers so the top clears the A-arms and if it is going to work, it is going to take much more than I anticipated. So, for now we are just leaving it as is and going on to contemplate a plan B.

Bill

• OK, I just tried placing some spacers so the top clears the A-arms and if it is going to work, it is going to take much more than I anticipated. So, for now we are just leaving it as is and going on to contemplate a plan B.

Bill

so tell me how you have it set. where did you put the latch pin? I know you are going low in the front do you have the back highe or low?

• I bolted the back latch low on the roll bars so to not cause clearance problems with the Distanza bags...............

Bill

okay, but isnt the center pin also height adjustable?

Bill

The top is built for a rather large range if adjustment but as you have found some adjustments will not always net the exact movement every time. wjfyfe please send me an image of how far so that I can determine if it is within accepted travel or if there is something else to look at.

The tops mounting points come pre-set and should be used first to see how it works. Longer knobs and spacers will result in other possible negative actions. There is quite a bit of geometry at work in the movement of the top. Careful attention to alignment called out in the instructions is very important.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The top is built for a rather large range if adjustment but as you have found some adjustments will not always net the exact movement every time. wjfyfe please send me an image of how far so that I can determine if it is within accepted travel or if there is something else to look at.

The tops mounting points come pre-set and should be used first to see how it works. Longer knobs and spacers will result in other possible negative actions. There is quite a bit of geometry at work in the movement of the top. Careful attention to alignment called out in the instructions is very important.

I like this - having the mounting points pre set at a preferred starting point. less to have to think about

• Would there be interest in some accessories for the sport top.

Before anyone asks the mesh top is still problematic and is not in development at this time. Other solutions are in the works.

(1) wind deflection flaps mounted inside the top to direct air flow onto occupants?
    (2) simple to I stall A-Arm exit grab handles?

Ruptured Duck

did anything ever come of these grab handles?

got an e-mail from a Sport Top owner asking me if something like this was available - I remembered this post, but when I look on the meansling site I dont see them offered

• Ruptured Duck

did anything ever come of these grab handles?

got an e-mail from a Sport Top owner asking me if something like this was available - I remembered this post, but when I look on the meansling site I dont see them offered

Not trying to interfere with product development/offerings from Meansling, but AllThingsSlingshot sells a handle that is supposed to make it easier to get out of the Slingshot called the EZ Out Grab Handle. I don't know if it helps getting in tot he Slingshot and it appears to be designed to only fit the driver's side. Other than it only working for the driver, I wonder if it might interfere with me keeping my knee up and out during rides, a position I often use with the cruise control engaged.

• Not trying to interfere with product development/offerings from Meansling, but AllThingsSlingshot sells a handle that is supposed to make it easier to get out of the Slingshot called the EZ Out Grab Handle. I don't know if it helps getting in tot he Slingshot and it appears to be designed to only fit the driver's side. Other than it only working for the driver, I wonder if it might interfere with me keeping my knee up and out during rides, a position I often use with the cruise control engaged.

dangerdarrell is correct. I would also go directly to his sight if we are going to use my vendor site to promote another product. I support innovators.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: