Almost was given a ticket in California

• It was forecasted to get up into the triple digits here in SW Oregon so Athena and I decided to take a lil jaunt down into California to do some playing on the beach where it would be much cooler. We had a great, twisty ride down, ultimately enjoying a couple of hours of the foggy sixty-something degrees before heading back inland. On the way we pulled into a wayside before crossing back into Oregon to eat a little lunch when a California Highway patrolman pulled in. He walked on over and asked if the SlingShot was ours, in which I nodded in the affirmative, then he asked if he could get a closer look at it stating that he had yet to see one up close, so I gave him a guided tour. He appeared quite impressed and upon spying my helmet on the seat he asked where hers was, pointing to Athene. I explained that she wasn't required to wear a helmet since she was fully enclosed and the officer looked at me quizzically, at which time I pointed over to the kennel at the end of the table! :P

When we got home we noticed all of this stuff on the front surfaces??????

I figured it out that it must be ash from our nearby fires,so gonna grab the Pledge, wipe it all down to get ready for the next adventure.

By the way, the thermometer is reading 102 presently here back home.

Bill