Steering Wheel 90 degrees off.

• 2018 about 6 weeks old. Started off with POS battery stranded the wife 2 days ago and me yesterday. Dealer said I could bring in battery and they would test it. When I went to take it out neg cable was a little loose. I did have it disconnected before I tightened cable and charged battery and every thing seemed ok. I still ordered Optima kit from Slingmods. Then I decided to give it first wet cleaning. Now with wheels straight ahead steering wheel is 90 degrees off to the left. Did I do something wrong or did something else break? Thanks in advance, Mike FTW TX

• Welcome @mikeboztx!!! Sorry to hear about your issues. This is a new one. I have removed and replaced a lot of steering wheels on these but never had an issue like this. Has the wheel been replaced? Is it the Polaris wheel, Sparco, or something else? Does it move in and out on the shaft? If so, I would check the center nut.

• It's a almost stock new 2018 S with a top, SL wheels, JRI shocks, and F4 shield. Went back out tonight and turned steering wheel with engine off and steering wheel went back to normal position. It looked like SW turned and wheels stayed straight. I know this don't sound right. I looked at joints on shaft and everything looks connected an tight. Anyway I went out to dinner in the SS and it drove ok. The wife is starting to get afraid to be in it. Mike

• Ok guys bear with me and don't anybody shoot...I'm willing to bet there is nothing wrong at all. Turning the wheel to either side 90 deg may seem like a lot but its actually not. Meaning...you can turn the wheel 90 deg and the wheels could "look" straight but they are not. The wheel would be turned about 1/4 -1/2 inch but the illusion is that they are straight. Check everything everybody else said to check but my money is on that there is nothing wrong at all and its just visual perception.

I see this everyday.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Have you left your ignition on for a length of time? Over a minute without starting it? Listening to radio? Leaving it on for a period without starting it messes with the electronic steering. Others know well about this issue maybe they can chime in.

• Have you left your ignition on for a length of time? Over a minute without starting it? Listening to radio? Leaving it on for a period without starting it messes with the electronic steering. Others know well about this issue maybe they can chime in.

It's a base model and don't have a radio. But that sounds like what happened. I was having battery problems when it happened. I charged battery and tightened cables, and steering corrected itself. Today I installed the Optima battery, I don't want to mess with OEM small battery.