QA1 shock noise

• Is there any way to get rid of the "clunk" sounds that are coming from my QA1 shocks when I go over bumps? The rear has always done it but now the fronts are starting to do it. They are noisy enough I thought I had a serious issue up front. Replaced them with the OEM shocks so I could run it to the dealer and noise and clunking feeling is gone. Collars are tight and bolts are torqued correctly. Guessing I probably have 6000 miles or so on them.

• my rear shock was clunking from day one. I had the spring load too high trying to match the stock ride height. The shock was topping out. When I backed the spring off 3/4 inch the clunking stopped. Not sure why your front would start.

• Red ones lol. I am not honestly sure of the rating. They are what ever comes standard (ordered from Hahn)

If you ordered from Hahn they should have already been set to the Slings stock ride height. If you need the thread measurement for the QA-1's I can get it for you. I still have access to a set from Hahn that were preset. I never adjusted them or had any problems with them. I ran them around town set at 2 clicks, in the hill about 6 clicks

• Thanks for the offer. They were preset to ride height and I confirmed with measurements on install and after riding. I really feel the noise is coming from slop in the bolt mount. I know for sure that is the case in the rear (but that may not be the only reason for noise). I didn't test the fronts yet because I honestly thought there was other issues. It wasn't until I put the stock shocks back on that I realized the noise was from them.

• Have played with coil springs throughout numerous vehicles and years... never designed any but learned a few things. Noise can be caused by any number of things. Bushings inside diameter too large for bolt, bushings length to short for mount, coil spring slap on shock body, coil spring ring out ( that tuning fork twang), sound transference from axle to body.... and so on.

You are one up on most of us from years past, you have Google search...

Identify the source as best you can.... rule out what it is not.

Google 'coil spring rubber'... for most sound deadening devices and solutions.

But, @FunCycle may have nailed it.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I've pulled a few wenches as well....some were fun...others...not so much :rolleyes:
    SSREAPER

Yea, the first ones were on my bicycle, my dad would not. I think my first top end and rings was on my 1964 Allstate Cruisar (Vespa) scooter a lot of water under the bridge since then. I have never done any transmissons or rear ends.

• Ok tightened the shock bolts better. Now I'm pissed. Apparently this "piece of crap rattle trap" I have been driving around just needed the bolts tightened to man strength. Just did a quick drive but sounds a lot better. Did you guys know the belt wines? Lol. Thanks for the help!