Max number of things hooked directly to battery?

• I currently have a fuse box and air horn hooked directly to the battery. Need to add one more item, a jump port.

(Yes I know this can be done under the hood but I don’t want to attempt that since I have very little electrical/safety knowledge.)

Feedback on this? Thanks

• Yes you can go directly to the battery for your jump ports. Adding them on top of what you have is no problem at all.

Didn't you already purchase the one that goes under the hood? If you did and you chose not to use it I know someone who would! :whistling::D

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Yes you can go directly to the battery for your jump ports. Adding them on top of what you have is no problem at all.

Didn't you already purchase the one that goes under the hood? If you did and you chose not to use it I know someone who would! :whistling::D

SSREAPER

I purchased the slingmods one that goes behind the driver's seat. I know Snazzy's video says you can put it under the hood. I don't feel knowledgeable enough doing that, and when I brought it to the Polaris dealer they didn't know how to do that either and didn't want to. So I intend to just put it behind the seat as slingmods shows.

• I purchased the slingmods one that goes behind the driver's seat. I know Snazzy's video says you can put it under the hood. I don't feel knowledgeable enough doing that, and when I brought it to the Polaris dealer they didn't know how to do that either and didn't want to. So I intend to just put it behind the seat as slingmods shows.

Oh ok...for some reason I thought you purchased the underground auto styling one that is meant to go under the hood....my bad! :S

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

SSREAPER

Nah he don't want it because it isn't used. :POKESS:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I purchased the slingmods one that goes behind the driver's seat. I know Snazzy's video says you can put it under the hood. I don't feel knowledgeable enough doing that, and when I brought it to the Polaris dealer they didn't know how to do that either and didn't want to. So I intend to just put it behind the seat as slingmods shows.

Peg, I used the Slingmod extensions as well but did not have to remove the battery as their video shows, since the only hard one to get to is the ground wire on the right side of the battery. That side has a ground wire that runs down in front of the battery and attaches to a screw on the frame which I used. Unscrew that ground wire first before doing the Red wire and don't let the end of the ground wire touch any metal part while you are doing the Red one. After you have finished with the Red hot wire, You will need to bend the end of the Slingmod ground to make it fit flush, but scratch the paint off around that screw hole for better grounding.

Before drilling holes, take note of how far back the seat goes and either put ur holes just below or just above. Also, separate the holes 3 or more inches, bearing in mind that alligator clips are often large and you don't want them touching should you need a jump start. Make sure the Slingmod ground wire is long enuf to reach the hole. I didn't have any prob; just something to remember while you're doing the fitting.

If anyone see any problem with the above, please chime in. More informed is always better.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Peg, I used the Slingmod extensions as well but did not have to remove the battery as their video shows, since the only hard one to get to is the ground wire on the right side of the battery. That side has a ground wire that runs down in front of the battery and attaches to a screw on the frame which I used. Unscrew that ground wire first before doing the Red wire and don't let the end of the ground wire touch any metal part while you are doing the Red one. After you have finished with the Red hot wire, You will need to bend the end of the Slingmod ground to make it fit flush, but scratch the paint off around that screw hole for better grounding.
    Before drilling holes, take note of how far back the seat goes and either put ur holes just below or just above. Also, separate the holes 3 or more inches, bearing in mind that alligator clips are often large and you don't want them touching should you need a jump start. Make sure the Slingmod ground wire is long enuf to reach the hole. I didn't have any prob; just something to remember while you're doing the fitting.

If anyone see any problem with the above, please chime in. More informed is always better.

Yeah....what he said ! :thumbsup:

SSREAPER

• Peg, I used the Slingmod extensions as well but did not have to remove the battery as their video shows, since the only hard one to get to is the ground wire on the right side of the battery. That side has a ground wire that runs down in front of the battery and attaches to a screw on the frame which I used. Unscrew that ground wire first before doing the Red wire and don't let the end of the ground wire touch any metal part while you are doing the Red one. After you have finished with the Red hot wire, You will need to bend the end of the Slingmod ground to make it fit flush, but scratch the paint off around that screw hole for better grounding.

Great advice, thank you! That would be the worst thing... drilling the holes too close and then what?!

ONE MORE QUESTION EVERYONE: in researching I just learned that I cannot hook my battery tender/heated gear port up to my FZ-1 accessory fuse block because it will need 15 amps. So that too has to go directly to the battery. That's 4 things.

Still OK?

• OMG...its going to burn to the ground with her in it!!! JK :S

Yeah its ok...only problem with that is its either on or off. You may want to look into a neutrino accessory block. I have it and its great. Not only can you run 60 amps thru it but each port can be controlled thru your cell phone and you can use it like a thermostat to control the temp of your heated gear.

If you want to know more about it..PM me.

SSREAPER

• I am getting the best electronics education in here due to all of you, and I really thank you!

So another question: my FZ-1 fuse block is "designed to run 10 amp circuits" - quoted by slingmods.

In another quote, they say "The FZ-1 support up to 30 amps of current." I also see a 15 amp fuse in theirs.

So....

What exactly does all that mean? I should not hook up my heated gear to it because that takes a 15 amp fuse?

Or I can hook that up but should not use any other accessories at the same time beyond 15 amps total?

Class is in session :)

• OK OK ....settle down kiddies...LOL

The FZ1 fuse block can use as many accessories as you want it to as long as it does not go above 30 amps total...then it starts to get hot...very hot...melt down hot.

When you put a fuse in the block and attach an item...whatever fuse you put in is the total amp that will pass before the fuse says no way.

You would need to add all of your heated gear together to see what the total amp usage is. If all of your gear...pants, jacket, gloves boots...ect adds up to more than 30 amps...its a no go. If all you have is a jacket and gloves and that totals 20 amps...then you can use the fz1 and other items that dont go over the 30 amp rating.

You can put whatever size fuse you want in the slot and that is what that slot will take before the fuse blows. Its the total amperage you also need to be concerned about as well.

SSREAPER

ROBERT>>>STOP EATING PAPER!! SUZY STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR HAIR!! GEEZ

• I neglected to say the heated gear is 15 amp total with everything.

• Then you could run all your heated gear on one circuit with a 20 amp fuse in it and have the rest of the slots to use for a total of 10 more. You will need to wire in a switch or something to turn the heated gear on and off.

SSREAPER

• Then you could run all your heated gear on one circuit with a 20 amp fuse in it and have the rest of the slots to use for a total of 10 more. You will need to wire in a switch or something to turn the heated gear on and off.

SSREAPER

Thanks much, I am getting this now.

Actual total amperage for the heat gear is lower than 15 so a 15 amp fuse will do.

My heated gear has a remote controller with an on/off switch. I'm sure that will do fine.

• Peg, I run elect Gerbing jacket and gloves using controller hooked to the acess plug between the seats. Never had a problem with the 16.5 and they were used a lot.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling