Black plastic panels in the rear fading..

• So I just bought my SS in May of this year. I have only 450 miles on it and when I was washing it yesterday, I noticed that the black panels in the back are fading it's color. I put some armor all on them to take away the white fade, but this is not sustainable. Is there any recommended treatment that I can use to keep that "black" look?

• So I just bought my SS in May of this year. I have only 450 miles on it and when I was washing it yesterday, I noticed that the black panels in the back are fading it's color. I put some armor all on them to take away the white fade, but this is not sustainable. Is there any recommended treatment that I can use to keep that "black" look?

Car Guys makes a plastic restorer that renews and seals. I have used it on several different vehicles. It will last a few months before you have to redo it. One of those things that the more you do it, the better it keeps getting. Amazon sells it. Around $15 a bottle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Plastics fading was discussed by the group yesterday morning at breakfast. No one had ever seen any that had faded so I was surprised when I seen this thread. I have to admit, as soon as I read the title I wondered to myself what is had been exposed to.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Armor All is the worst product to use as it actually dries out & discolors in the long run. Use a spray wax “ show room shine” or there’s a product called “black again” that shines & ads to the plastic without drying out plastic.

My toys always gleam like no other with my Show room shine & Presta wax.

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Plastics fading was discussed by the group yesterday morning at breakfast. No one had ever seen any that had faded so I was surprised when I seen this thread. I have to admit, as soon as I read the title I wondered to myself what is had been exposed to.

Nothing but extreme heat from 100+degree weather down here in TX.

I'll definitely put on Car Guys plastic restore.

• I use Voo Doo Mojo detailer to clean and protect all the plastics on Nuc’em. The blacks are staying black and the orange is nice and shiney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

I can only speak for myself, but living in Arizona has its own unique problems with UV rays that destroy nearly everything on the planet, regardless of what a manufacturer claims. Drove my SLR to Tucson today for its first service and noticed a 2015 SL sitting out in the mid-day sun. The interior looked horrible! Everything from the floor to the top of the steering wheel was either faded, cracked, had holes in it or so badly weathered that it looked a hundred years old, and it was only a 2015. A few weeks ago I searched YouTube for reviews on products that offer the best UV protection and then headed to Walmart. After much deliberation, I've chosen McGuire's as my preferred product and we'll see how it does. The important thing is to use it religiously and always look for shady parking spaces... 😊

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I can only speak for myself, but living in Arizona has its own unique problems with UV rays that destroy nearly everything on the planet, regardless of what a manufacturer claims. Drove my SLR to Tucson today for its first service and noticed a 2015 SL sitting out in the mid-day sun. The interior looked horrible! Everything from the floor to the top of the steering wheel was either faded, cracked, had holes in it or so badly weathered that it looked a hundred years old, and it was only a 2015. A few weeks ago I searched YouTube for reviews on products that offer the best UV protection and then headed to Walmart. After much deliberation, I've chosen McGuire's as my preferred product and we'll see how it does. The important thing is to use it religiously and always look for shady parking spaces... 😊

mine constantly sits in the driveway ....if I’m not driving it....it’s covered .....