Need quick help with a simple battery question, thanks everyone...

• Productive day on mods for the sling. Been at it 8 hours no glitches.

Last project of the day, Flosser air horn install. All done but the connecting to the battery.

Ok I admit I do not like messing with batteries. A bit apprehensive.

I’m ready to connect the horn’s positive wire to the battery. The horn is already grounded.

No experience here. What is the correct procedure so I don’t get juiced?

Can I just remove the battery’s positive wing nut and slip the connector on then reconnect the wing nut?

Or do I have to unhook the negative wire on the battery terminal first? And if so, on TOP? There's some negative connections on the bottom too. ??

I know this is basic safety but I don’t know it. I know you guys will keep me safe :)

• I prefer having negative disconnected, then work on positive. Hook negative up last in case wrench grounds. No sparks that way

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Yes you can remove the top nut to the negative and remove the wire. The you can work on attaching the positive cable. When working on the positive cable make sure you do not touch anything metal with the wrench or you will ground it and you will see sparks.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: