New top found on Evilbook Scarabtop

• Found an up and coming vendor that has a very interesting top design, for now he only has an evilbook page and says that a real one is coming in the future.

Definitely like the looks and especially how it looks when naked, to be honest it addresses the main thing that I have against all the current tops which is that most tops don't look good when naked or missing doors.

This thing looks aggressive and just down right mean with the liner removed and it seems to give you a full open feel.

I don't know if he is part of the forum or not but if anyone know him, can you tag him so we can ask questions?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks for the complimentary post! I’ve been tweaking this design over the last 8 months. Along with you, I wasn’t satisfied with the look of the tops out there, especially when “naked”. I also wanted to make something that you didn’t have to chose whether to go out naked or with your top on, so I wanted the top to be able to be stored for when you’ve had enough sun.

I’ve gotten a lot of feedback about rain coming down the “v” onto the radio. Im the type of rider that looks at the weather before a ride so that didn’t come to mind right away but I’m working through a few ideas. This current design would allow you to adjust the angle to have the “v” slope backward.

I have lots of accessory ideas for this as well. I hope to have products for sale by this fall. I do have a day job as a Mechanical Engineer but I’m committed to getting this on the market as soon as I can.

Thanks again, and feel free to follow me @SCARABsling on Facebook or at my new website http://www.scarabsling.com

JP

• SUBSCRIBED!!!
    I don't do any of the social media, so if you can also keep us updated here on the forum, it would be greatly appreciated @SCARABsling!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• maybe it's me, but it looks like you can still get pretty wet because of the front "V" design if rain comes??? Other tops appear to give more protection...Different though which is always good

Edit: @SCARABsling I just seen his post he addressed what I questioned...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @SCARABsling, very interesting top. Only a couple questions, is it wider than the vehicle or is that an optical illusion. I like the design but don't want it wider than the vehicle already is. Also, is it fiberglass or metal. I have to remind people now not to use the supports on my MeanSling top for handles to get out.

• @SCARABsling, very interesting top. Only a couple questions, is it wider than the vehicle or is that an optical illusion. I like the design but don't want it wider than the vehicle already is. Also, is it fiberglass or metal. I have to remind people now not to use the supports on my MeanSling top for handles to get out.

It is not wider than the SS. It is welded aluminum. It would probably hold up to use getting in and out (depending on weight of course). I’m 6-1 and 180lbs. I have no problems getting in or out even with the angle as low as I have in the pictures. At that angle I don’t have any vision issues either.

• maybe it's me, but it looks like you can still get pretty wet because of the front "V" design if rain comes??? Other tops appear to give more protection...Different though which is always good

Edit: @SCARABsling I just seen his post he addressed what I questioned...

I might be in the minority when it comes to this mentality but rain is never a deterrent to buy or not buy something, I never plan to caught in the rain and if I do I will have bigger fish to fry than a little water coming down and hitting the radio.

I wouldn't change the design based on rain issues but again I am in the minority.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I might be in the minority when it comes to this mentality but rain is never a deterrent to buy or not buy something, I never plan to caught in the rain and if I do I will have bigger fish to fry than a little water coming down and hitting the radio.
    I wouldn't change the design based on rain issues but again I am in the minority.

Thanks Bones! I share your sentiment about rain. If I can do something without compromising my design, I will. I want to improve the slingshot experience without downfalls.

• Thanks Bones! I share your sentiment about rain. If I can do something without compromising my design, I will. I want to improve the slingshot experience without downfalls.

That's easy. Put a little deflector/gutter up there and drill a hole to put a tube through to carry the water over to the passenger side. Don't much care if the passenger gets wet. :D

• @Neosolidus I never take or chance riding when they say rain in forecast, my toys are always to fancy and to much invested (plus I'm an anal retentive Freak) BUT, sometimes you have no choice as the unexpected comes....

I'm surprised there's not a top with "FOLDING "panels for options... :whistling::thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• My slingshot is my daily driver as such rain will happen there is no not riding because it might rain.

having said that I would never buy a top because I thought it was rain protection. I will get soaked if it starts raining and I am on the highway - it will come in the front, it will come in the sides - there is no top made that will keep me dry.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Actually @edwardaneal, there is one that will keep you dry. And Slingmods sells it. Only about 5K. I'm sure that little vent in the top will keep you cool out there in the desert. :D

yes - I dont think I would want that either - might as well get a car, plus. its ugly!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I haven't seen this asked yet, so apologies if I missed it, but from one or two of the pictures, it looks like a canvas top. The way I am looking at the pictures, it seems if that is a fabric top, that there would be a lot of flutter, and therefore a lot of noise and maybe wear and tear on the fabric. Thoughts?