New top found on Evilbook Scarabtop

• I haven't seen this asked yet, so apologies if I missed it, but from one or two of the pictures, it looks like a canvas top. The way I am looking at the pictures, it seems if that is a fabric top, that there would be a lot of flutter, and therefore a lot of noise and maybe wear and tear on the fabric. Thoughts?

I don’t know because I don’t have a top, but how is yours? :00008040:

• I haven't seen this asked yet, so apologies if I missed it, but from one or two of the pictures, it looks like a canvas top. The way I am looking at the pictures, it seems if that is a fabric top, that there would be a lot of flutter, and therefore a lot of noise and maybe wear and tear on the fabric. Thoughts?

KayTwo- I used Sunbrella material on this for proof of concept. I only used industrial Velcro for connection. I also have 3 fiberglass rods to keep some form in the center. I’ve had it up to 95 mph without it coming off and very little flutter. That being said, the final connection method will be much more refined and the Targa material will probably have a more substantial feel.

• @SCARABsling I know you're being hammered with questions here in the thread and probably a bit more in private messages--my apologies for adding to the questions.....but here in the thread at least others can see your responses and it can perhaps stop the bleeding a bit lol

I understand that you're still in the concept stage working towards the finish line.

1) Will the SCARAB that is on top of the shade be removed or will this be permanent?

2) Of course the red is the best color as advertised but what other choices will be available?

3) How will your top work with those of us with the rear carbon spoiler, or the sling low racks that may consider purchasing?

4) Last question for now...will the frame be done in paint or powder coat?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering these questions, along with willingness to bring another top to the market for choices. I'm a bit biased on the tops but always willing to see another well thought out and aggressive one as yours.

• Actually @edwardaneal, there is one that will keep you dry. And Slingmods sells it. Only about 5K. I'm sure that little vent in the top will keep you cool out there in the desert. :D

Also known as the Oventop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I'm not sure if I posted this in here yet...I have a day job...I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I built this prototype mostly for me but I and others have seen potential. The frame is powder coated and the brackets will be but as pictured they are just painted aluminum. I would envision that there would be a few base colors, like black and silver and others available by custom. Polaris doesn't publish color codes. The decal is for me. Ultimately it would be smaller and maybe just packed with the top for the customer to choose.

As for the spoiler and racks...I don't know, but I could see people mounting a spoiler to the end of my top...