Confession

• I've always been proud of never signing up for FaceBook, primarily because of how they keep changing their Privacy Policy to exploit their users. A while back, I was reading an article about social media addiction while smugly thinking about never using FaceBook when I realized that SlingshotInfo has become a social media addiction for me since I check it several times a day looking for new posts, etc. Therefore, I have decided to sell my Slingshot and to never visit any forums about the Slingshot!

Just KIDDING! :D I intend to keep bugging people here for as long as I can. I must admit that what I said about SlingshotInfo being a socially addictive platform is true, but at least I've learned to ignore most of the politically purposed threads and try to concentrate on more enjoyable topics like the joke threads and Slingshot-specific stuff.

My thanks to @rabtech for his excellent efforts maintaining the forum!

• I thought you were gonna confess about your love life,I was sure disappointed.

I would never talk about my threesomes (Me, Myself & I)! :D

I thought he was going to tell everybody where I hide the bodies! amazed-squared
    SSREAPER

When our kids were growing up, one of my Daughter's friends was worried we were serial killers because every time he came over we seemed to be watching forensics shows about murderers.
    Another time, I was part of a working group on leadership modeling which included working dinner and sat with an FBI profiler. He and I had a great time talking about various serial killers and their methodologies, but I think it disturbed some of the other diners. Funny thing about that trip was when I got home and was telling my Family about meeting the FBI profiler and I looked at the TV and there he was on one of the crime shows we liked to watch!

• You mean you still have nightmares over what's supposed to be a good deed? :D At least they weren't more recent billable hours at a presumably higher rate!

Just food for thought - would you work your job for 100 hrs just for a feel good moment ? :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The only thing that bugs me about facebook is the constant whining. Pro Trump supporters acting like they lost the election and behaving like the "snowflakes" they are bashing. Pro Hilary supporters acting like cry babies cause...well they lost the election. One thing I have learned is...you aren't going to change the minds of people by being a pro anyone supporter on social media. Especially a smug asshat on social media. I just constantly unfollow anyone that puts up more than 2 political posts in a row...Facebook has been great since. That is how I am Making Facebook Great Again.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Just food for thought - would you work your job for 100 hrs just for a feel good moment ? :00008172:

For years I worked 60 to 70 hour weeks while being paid for 40. I was “management” yet had no authority to hire or fire nor to give direct direction to any workers. So...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• For years I worked 60 to 70 hour weeks while being paid for 40. I was “management” yet had no authority to hire or fire nor to give direct direction to any workers. So...

You must have worked for the company I am working for now...That is how it is here. I put in 60 hours a week for a bullshit salary that when I figure it out I am making minimum wage practically.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• For years I worked 60 to 70 hour weeks while being paid for 40. I was “management” yet had no authority to hire or fire nor to give direct direction to any workers. So...

That’s a practice many companies employ that I have never agreed with. You do a good job and are promoted to “management” whereby they can work you as many hours as they want with no overtime.....Walmart was an excellent example

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just food for thought - would you work your job for 100 hrs just for a feel good moment ? :00008172:

Uh, I was kidding about that much free work, although I do think it was commendable on your part.
    Actually, I have done similar things. I once took leave from my job as an Intelligence Analyst so I could go to Hawaii with my Wife who was there on TDY for the US Army. While there, I spent approximately 8 hours every day performing my regular duties as if I were still at work and not on vacation. Naturally, when I got back I received rounds of congratulations for my extra effort. Although I had been sending my reports to an associate and he then released them to our consumers, the Command never even recognized I had been working on my own time.
    I worked on several projects that didn't always receive a lot of command support. One effort in particular received no feedback from the various commands I was supporting and the effort was scrapped. A few years later, I ran into some folks who wanted to know why I stopped because they felt it had been valuable. I pointed out that had any positive feedback been sent to us, the project probably wouldn't have been scrapped, but it was nice to know that someone had appreciated my efforts.

Actually, Bill Martin is retired, so his billable rate is lower now than it was then. Plus I've seen him putting in hundreds of hours for various causes and not bill for them just for the feel good feeling. Too bad that doesn't catch on with too many people, but this forum has its share of them here every day

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE