Halo/Remote problem?

• TricLED White Halo LED Ring Kit with Remote issue?
    Halo's are working, but, one day they would not turn off when I pressed the On/Off button?
    Reached out to Slingmods, and they were good enough to send me a new remote and sensor. Installed new unit, and again Halo's will not turn off with new unit? Tried pairing several times with no luck?
    If anyone has any idea what might be the issue, please share.
    Thank you!

• Crazy as it might seem...

Not sure what you might be referring to as sensor, but gonna guess you are refering to the halo light controller. Mine was a white heat shrinked encapsulated unit. Make sure you have a good ground point termination first, then check your ground wire from the controller all the way back to halos. You may have a chaffed or pinched wire going to ground before it gets back to the controller. If it was the positve lead, fuse would have blown.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• Well, that's odd. Gotta be a problem.

Halos on a stand alone circuit? No indicator light in cockpit wired down line of controller? Didn't share a ground with another system?

Check both your remotes.

Watch the IR projector in the end that normally points away from you to see if it flashes both when you push the power button on and push power button off.

Know you got a new remote, but batteries are batteries. If nothing else, spin the battery in the remote case and/or clean the remote battery with a white eraser. Check battery voltage if you can.

Troubleshooting from here cause not there...

• airoutlaw,
    FYI: halo wiring has been the same for over six months with no issues?

Halos on a stand alone circuit?
    * Yes.

No indicator light in cockpit wired down line of controller?
    * Yes, there is an indicator light in cockpit.

Didn't share a ground with another system?
    * Yes, ground shared.
    * Question: Sharing a ground causes problems?

Check both your remotes?
    Watch the IR projector in the end that normally points away from you to see if it flashes both when you push the power button on and push power button off.
    Know you got a new remote, but batteries are batteries. If nothing else, spin the battery in the remote case and/or clean the remote battery with a white eraser.
    * Both remotes/batteries are good.

Check battery voltage if you can.
    * Will check battery voltage tomorrow.
    Thank you for your help.

• No indicator light in cockpit wired down line of controller?
    * Yes, there is an indicator light in cockpit.

Didn't share a ground with another system?
    * Yes, ground shared.
    * Question: Sharing a ground causes problems?

Still thinking it went to ground after halos. Pretty sure you have tried using remote from different angles to controller. Mine sometimes is blocked by components.

If nothing has changed by you then this doesn't apply. If the indicator light in the cockpit is new and improperly wired, halos can go to ground through it. But, they would always be on. (how do I know... first hand.)

No problem with sharing a common grounding point unless you ran to ground before passing back through the controller. From what I found unless they re-worked the controller, system is hot and controller is ground on/off.

Sorry, was talking of checking remote battery voltage... thinks it's 3.2v.

• Well I am done. First for me.
    Again, friend and I took everything apart, examined all wires and connections.
    Found only one problem, main wiring harness connection was bad. If you jiggled the connection, the halos flickered on/off. Fix: Cut off connection, and hard wired.
    Dissapointed: money down the drain.

• Well I am done. First for me.
    Again, friend and I took everything apart, examined all wires and connections.
    Found only one problem, main wiring harness connection was bad. If you jiggled the connection, the halos flickered on/off. Fix: Cut off connection, and hard wired.
    Dissapointed: money down the drain.

Don't blame you for hard wiring it. Over the years at Maggie, people would want to show off their new LEDs and a lot of them had issues with apps and a few with remotes (sometimes just mixing up various remotes). Hard wire to a switch is simple, more reliable and generally cheaper.