2018 Alarm system?

• Just wondering what people are doing for alarms on the 2018 models. Will be getting an SLR soon and want an alarm right away. It seems that the slingmod and Polaris alarms will not work with the 2018's as the wiring is different. I also want to add the keyless starting and want to make sure it will all work together. thanks.

• check out the one polaris sells as an accessory - I don't think many have done alarms

Can’t speak for ‘18s, I have a Scorpio installed in my ‘15. I’m considering removing it. Had the same system on my Wing. It was a PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I just installed the Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition system without the $70 harness that allows you to still use the key. This system disables the ignition and fuel circuit when the fob is not present. I was concerned the key harness would override this security feature (not confirmed with DGD). I chose not to go with a full blown security system since I do not want false alarms and alarms every time someone gets close to it. To complete my security I will change out the e-brake lever which will allow me to use the device that connects it and the shift lever to prevent it from being taken out of gear.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @SlingLow
    I've avoided the security systems for the same reason
    I have the e-brake shifter lock and a cable to run through the steering wheel and
    Around the frame. Then put the cockpit cover on. I think it would at least slow them down
    I always try to get a motel room where I can park in front of the room also but to be honest
    I don't think anyone has touched it

• What ebrake lock did you guys get? Has anyone tried the motorcycle alarms? They seem inexpensive so that worries me. I guess I really want a shock sensor and pager so people don't just climb in for pictures. Seems to happen a lot around here.

• Don't remember a brand but I've got a pic

I Have the exact same lock, plus I have the large "Handcuff" style lock that goes from the steering wheel to the frame. The cuffs add the bonus of making it hard for any one to climb in the driver's seat without invitation. I also installed a Scorpio alarm with proximity alert.
    I know nothing is 100% theft proof, but most thieves are far too lazy to try and overcome all of these deterrents. They'll look for easier pickings, and the thieves that are much more savvy will be busy stealing far more expensive vehicles than mine.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• welcome aboard @mikeboztx - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

Please take a moment

I believe Polaris sells a service manual for the 2018 ..... pricey but you spend your money how you want to

After market electronics are a little slow on the 2018 I believe because it was so different than the previous models .... check with some of the vendors here like @SlingTunes for an audio setup for the 2018 with a camera

• The Polaris and Slingmods sites show those 2 alarms don't work on a 2018. I had a choice a month ago to buy a 2017 or 2018. I wish I would have bought the 2017. I'm finding several accessories don't work on the 2018. (radio, alarm,service manual, wiring harness for radio and camera, & others.

What are you looking for Mike? I do have the 2018 manual. There have been some changes, but usually can get around it... What are you looking to do with the radio?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates