• new owner here just bought a 2017 SL but has small screen. My question is will any double 2 din fit without altering? If not does anyone know of any that will fit in im looking for larger screen with GPS and will work with backup camera.

• Welcome to slingshot ownership! Have to post a pic so we all can enjoy!

If you do a search...radios has been very well discussed in many diff threads and the short answer is yes it will fit with the proper mount...there are many ways to do it and the search will bring them all to you.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• For details, yes search.

But your basic question: Yes, pretty much any standard double-din will fit. There are quite a few kits available to mount.

The problem is that there is no currently available double-din stereo that is also waterproof. (There are waterproof stereos, but they are not double-din). There are "splash covers" but none guarantee water-proof-ness, so you're going to have to make that trade-off.

I chose to put a Pioneer Double Din in mine (no splash cover) with the Scosche mount and wiring kit. Did have to buy an aftermarket back up camera, but after everything not including labor, it was under $300 total and I still have all the stock capabilities plus now full-time rear view camera if I want it.

• Try searching for those items individually on other areas.. Probably found cheaper... Like Amazon...

Also, any double din will work, just depends on what you want... Look through Crutchfield for options and reviews...

• Thanks for the info, but that double din is not waterproof. In fact, Sony's warranty on the XAV-AX100 specifically excludes "outdoor exposure" or "liquid".

That being said, yes, there are lots of double din units out there with 6 or 7" screens, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, etc. Figure out what you want and then find a unit that has it. Any of the name brand stuff will (should) be pretty decent: Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. If it sounds too cheap, it probably is.

But that kit does include the Scosche mount and wire harness I used (about $75). WELL worth the money for installing a double din in the SlingShot, but it is not waterproof.

• Thanks for the info, but that double din is not waterproof. In fact, Sony's warranty on the XAV-AX100 specifically excludes "outdoor exposure" or "liquid".

That being said, yes, there are lots of double din units out there with 6 or 7" screens, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, etc. Figure out what you want and then find a unit that has it. Any of the name brand stuff will (should) be pretty decent: Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. If it sounds too cheap, it probably is.

But that kit does include the Scosche mount and wire harness I used (about $75). WELL worth the money for installing a double din in the SlingShot, but it is not waterproof.

I saw that too, but the seller is offering a 1 year warranty against water damage. I guess I am looking for some feedback on what models have better reputations for durability when mounted in a Slingshot. You are right that there are lots of options, and that is what makes deciding so difficult.

• I ended up having a mounting kit made, to cope with the wet British weather.

The cover is removable and after about 6-8 months of use, the non-waterproof radio is still dry.

• I remove the cover, when it's not raining (and it rains a lot in Britain).

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I think I might like the Alpine iLX-107 for the wireless Carplay option. It looks like using the EOM backup camera may not be an option though. Are there any experts here that might be able to help out?

• Well I ended up with the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX and had it installed with the Metra double din mount with retractable cover.
    The wireless carplay is great. The unit also allows me to switch to rear view camera while driving, which is something many were asking about.