Mileage so far...

• I understand how life can get in the way of enjoying toys. I didn't buy my first motorcycle until just before I retired (and the kids were grown, etc.) but then I put 120K miles on 3 bikes in 9 years.

I waited until my original warranty expired and I had less than 12 payments left on my Slingshot before starting the install of my Hahn turbo.

I'm primarily referring to people who have a motorcycle, for example, for many years, yet only seem to put 1-2000 miles per year on it, if that much. It just seems like an overly expensive toy for so few miles and renting for an occasional ride might make more sense.

• Well... The good thing about opinions is we all have them...

Do what you want to do and no need to justify, defend, or try to convince others... Speak your mind and let it go...

So mileage... I think I'm somewhere between 10k and 15k... Need to remember and check the next time I'm in it... :huh:

Marco, just do what i do. I set my dash to metric so I display MORE miles than it has. That puts a bigger smile on my face since I had to have more enjoyment from those extra miles without actually having to run the mileage up on mine. I want to keep my slingshot as a slightly used as possible

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I didn't have anything when the kids were home. Now they are like, you guys got all kinds of cool stuff why didnt you have that when we lived there. After I gave the look he was like oh I see. Now he has 2 kids trying to live the high life and learning really quick middle class do not get cake and get to eat it too.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I can pay off my SS in full - BUT I choose to use that rainy day for job loss instead. Not a toy. ;

Been there twice in 2 years. Now living fixed income check to check. Love retirement though.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I didn't have anything when the kids were home. Now they are like, you guys got all kinds of cool stuff why didnt you have that when we lived there. After I gave the look he was like oh I see. Now he has 2 kids trying to live the high life and learning really quick middle class do not get cake and get to eat it too.

After I volunteered for the Draft a few decades ago, my Family finally had AC installed and also got a new 25" color TV. During my teenage years in the 1960s, our TV was broken for 3 years before we finally got a small Black & White TV for a few years before my maternal Grandmother bought my Mom a small portable color TV.I didn't really miss the TV much since I was an av id reader. I was an adult before I ever saw a Star Trek TV episode in color.

• Well... The good thing about opinions is we all have them...

Do what you want to do and no need to justify, defend, or try to convince others... Speak your mind and let it go...

So mileage... I think I'm somewhere between 10k and 15k... Need to remember and check the next time I'm in it... :huh:

I agree, but mine is the only correct one! :D

• 15...has over 9500..

All this talk about mileage....how long do you expect the motor in these to last?

Wow! You have the ability to turn every response into a question that no one has the answer to. Have you seen anyone posting that their engine died from mileage? Wait, I'll give you the answer: No. Have you asked even one question out of your several thousand that you haven't already Googled the answer to? Wait, I'll give you the answer: No. Seriously brother, just go drive until you kill it then give us the answer. Seriously! You're killin' me here.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• a 15' with 9500 miles hmmm 15 to 16, 16 to 17, 17 to 18, hmm 9500 divided by 3yrs eaquals about 3166 miles per year. An average car motor will last well in excess of 100,000 miles but we'll just use that for a conversation point. 100,000 miles divided by 3,166 is about 31 1/2 yrs so I'd say at the current rate of racking up the miles you won't live long enough to wear it out. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• a 15' with 9500 miles hmmm 15 to 16, 16 to 17, 17 to 18, hmm 9500 divided by 3yrs eaquals about 3166 miles per year. An average car motor will last well in excess of 100,000 miles but we'll just use that for a conversation point. 100,000 miles divided by 3,166 is about 31 1/2 yrs so I'd say at the current rate of racking up the miles you won't live long enough to wear it out. jes my .o2

I just bought it a year ago in may..

• Personally, I'd expect the LE5 engine to outlast the Slingshot's frame.

Damit @BKL did you really go there????????????????? I mean really??????????????????????????????????? Did you really have to go there????????????????????????????? Maybe he won't see that and find out about the frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :00000024:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868