Mileage so far...

• It's titled as a motorcycle. It's licensed and insured as a motorcycle. What it is made up of though, is mostly off the shelf car parts with a swing arm and a belt final drive. Proven parts in the real world, and pushing less weight down the road than a car would. No reason to believe they won't hold up at least as good as motorcycles. I've known Harleys, Gold Wings, BMW bikes and others that went 200,000, 300,000 and even a rare few that went further, without being rebuilt. No reason to believe these won't also, with proper care and maintenance.

Mine is actually running/driving better now than anytime since the day I got it. Angle drive has quieted down some, and it finally feels broken in. My advice is to stop worrying about preserving it, and just have fun with it.

G_H throws two pennies on the table.....

• 2016 48000 miles. Lot of that was due to driving to work 180 miles a day round trip. I am retired now so not racking up the miles like I was but still drive it every day.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• That's not many miles at all for 3yrs old. Pretty incredible. I feel like I want to drive this thing everyday.

I’ve only had it for three months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• It's titled as a motorcycle. It's licensed and insured as a motorcycle. What it is made up of though, is mostly off the shelf car parts with a swing arm and a belt final drive. Proven parts in the real world, and pushing less weight down the road than a car would. No reason to believe they won't hold up at least as good as motorcycles. I've known Harleys, Gold Wings, BMW bikes and others that went 200,000, 300,000 and even a rare few that went further, without being rebuilt. No reason to believe these won't also, with proper care and maintenance.

Mine is actually running/driving better now than anytime since the day I got it. Angle drive has quieted down some, and it finally feels broken in. My advice is to stop worrying about preserving it, and just have fun with it.

G_H throws two pennies on the table.....

What is "Angle Drive"?

• Converts your center driveline to power your belt/wheel. The design of the gears seems to produce varying amounts of whine, depending on which day of the week, phase of the moon or some other procedure secret used by Polaris. Seems to vary by vehicle and owner sensitivity. Personally, I feel tire noise can be as important a factor/source as far as noise is concerned.

• I've never understood how someone could buy a fun vehicle (2, 3 or 4 wheels) and NOT drive/ride it every opportunity. I was always amazed someone would be selling a 4 year-old bike that only had a couple thousand miles on it. I usually only have one toy at a time, so I use it. I had 2 bikes for a few years and still put roughly 15-18,000 miles a year on them combined.

• I've never understood how someone could buy a fun vehicle (2, 3 or 4 wheels) and NOT drive/ride it every opportunity.

Because they have 3 young girls and a wife who isn't too big of a fan...

I know your follow up... "So why you buy it? Or why not sell it?"

And I would respond... "Is your name Martha?!?"

• I had what I felt to be a well thought out reply here. But, upon reflection, I realized it might not be received as I planned. So, I deleted it all before I posted. Big dogs, little dogs, they all retire to the dog house. Could more than one be in the same dog house? I'm sure they could. But before I end up there (in the dog house), I retracted my well thought out post.

Hope you have great luck with whatever you hope for with your Slingshot @Aceman. I plan to drive mine like I stole it, and fix it when it breaks. It was not an investment in anything other than a way to have fun to me.

And with that, I plan to be done with this thread. Y'all have fun! :00008040:

• I've never understood how someone could buy a fun vehicle (2, 3 or 4 wheels) and NOT drive/ride it every opportunity. I was always amazed someone would be selling a 4 year-old bike that only had a couple thousand miles on it. I usually only have one toy at a time, so I use it. I had 2 bikes for a few years and still put roughly 15-18,000 miles a year on them combined.

Because more mileage means higher chances of something breaking. Something breaks, you gotta pay out the whazoo for it to be fixed. Rinse and repeat different areas of breakage and well... you get the point. No affording anymore.. *sigh*

I plan to do lots of cruising in mine.. but at the start of a new purchased vehicle, I always go easy on the trips until the car loan balance is almost equal to the lapsed warranty (i.e. hopefully $0). That way I can pay for when it catches me off guard with some $1000 fix.

• Because more mileage means higher chances of something breaking. Something breaks, you gotta pay out the whazoo for it to be fixed. Rinse and repeat different areas of breakage and well... you get the point. No affording anymore.. *sigh*
    I plan to do lots of cruising in mine.. but at the start of a new purchased vehicle, I always go easy on the trips until the car loan balance is almost equal to the lapsed warranty (i.e. hopefully $0). That way I can pay for when it catches me off guard with some $1000 fix.

If that's how you think, you shouldn't own any vehicles as toys. Life is too short and there are no guarantees that I am going to wake up tomorrow, so I prefer to ride. I didn't buy it to sit in the garage and collect dust. In case you haven't noticed, the used value of a Slingshot is nothing to write home about. We have them to enjoy we're not going to turn around and make huge dollars selling them. You need to sell your VR headset and get out in the wind.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Well... The good thing about opinions is we all have them...

Do what you want to do and no need to justify, defend, or try to convince others... Speak your mind and let it go...

So mileage... I think I'm somewhere between 10k and 15k... Need to remember and check the next time I'm in it... :huh: