mods - best money spent

• I upgraded to halogen headlights, halos and added string lights front and back...brake light blinker...mirror turn indicatorsYou can never be too visible ...don’t forget we sit low.

As a side note I haven’t had too many people pull in front of me...could be they wait because the want to see what is lit up like a Christmas tree coming at them. I run all my lights day and night....I get noticed....which is what you want...

yea - thanks but no thanks - headlights work just fine tail lights are already huge and I have no desire to distract the other drivers around me by looking as you say "like a Christmas tree" - - knowing my luck they would be so busy trying to figure out what all the lights are and would end up crashing into me.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That is a tough question... what would be right for you?

Ask a dozen people, get a dozen answers.

Best bang for the buck?

Evaluate your driving style and put your dollars to tick those boxes.

I am a leisure rider. I ride for the enjoyment. To clear my head. To get away from the drudgery. When I head out, it may be for thirty minutes or you may not see me until tomorrow. I have many mods but the comforts tick my boxes.

If you are an aggressive rider... harnesses, short shifter, turbo or super charger, sway bar, shocks, tires, and spoiler might be your ticks.

Relaxed rider... stereo, top, seats, windshield might be all you need.

Think you get the idea. Check out other Slings if you can for the things that tick your style.

Tick your boxes first for the best bang for your dollar.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I see you have 2016 SL also. For me, best "bang for the buck" was, in order:

• Taller Madstad Windshield. I went with the +11 but almost wished I did the +13 - $500
    • New Pioneer 5.25" speakers to replace the stock ones - $50
    • New Pioneer Stereo to replace the Infotainment unit. With Wiring, Mounting Kit, new camera and everything, it was $300 (did the labor myself).

I use mine as a daily driver to work and back so the performance mods, while I would like to have, just don't justify the cost for me. Maybe if I win the lotto, I'ld get a supercharger, header, exhaust, shocks, etc. But they are on the back burner for now.

I just spent some money on decals/graphics (~$200), but everyone will have to wait to see those.

• Don’t be foolish and think people see you easily. 46 years of riding has proved that to me many times.

I always assume no one sees me, but I dont want to distract them either. even with a totally stock slingshot I have seen other drivers totally taking their eyes off the road to stare - why make this more of a problem by turning the already eye catching slingshot into a light show?

I want other drivers to focus on the road and I dont believe turning my slingshot into a "christmas tree" helps them do this

So anyway - thank you very much for your mod suggestions. even if I do not want to go in that direction with my mods I do appreciate your taking the time to give your input

Thanks

• My mods in order of preferance:

Air horns - for safety
    Coilovers for comfort and ride control
    New exhaust for heat control and butt HP
    Madstad windshield for comfort
    CAI for looks and butt HP
    Velocity Street seats to stop banging the headrest

• i don’t see how “swaybar” is one of the mods that will give you the best bang for the buck..

If you’re driving your SS daily, then you should know what you needed the most..

I would say that about 11-15 people upgraded while at SSITR. With the show discount it was under $200. Every single person noticed the difference. From daily driving to hitting the twisties. The stock sway bar is hollow. The Twist Dynamics is completely solid. Just taking normal sweeping turns while going to work this morning, you can tell that it just turns in more flat and makes it easier to drive.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Best bang for the buck????????????????????????

It has to be the "whistle stops" that I installed to stop the whistling caused by the high pressure air coming off the top outside corners of my nascar windscreen hitting the V notch in the bottom of the slingshade top. They were free and brought the pleasure of the ride back.

Most enjoyable mod is the supercharger without a doubt. I personally wouldn't have much interest in owning a SS without a serious hp mod of some type whether it be forced induction or a bigger engine. I have to have a lil go power or I'm bored.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• yep - those mirrors have been on my radar for a long time :D

• I would say that about 11-15 people upgraded while at SSITR. With the show discount it was under $200. Every single person noticed the difference. From daily driving to hitting the twisties. The stock sway bar is hollow. The Twist Dynamics is completely solid. Just taking normal sweeping turns while going to work this morning, you can tell that it just turns in more flat and makes it easier to drive.

There was one young lady that spent $20,000 at SSITS.

• For me it would be exhaust. I can appreciate those upgrading dampers, brakes, and sway bar. For me stock works well. I just enjoy driving in the open country roads. I love that I can look down and see the road....just crazy.