The voodoo is back

• I have maybe 6 foot of leds the work great untill I use reverse. This has happen 3 times. I chased all the wiring and no binds or grounding. I can run them all day and night until I backup then boom no lights. I blew 2 10 amp and a 20 amp fuse. it is like I am getting a power surge in reverse but nothing else is effected. I thought maybe the linkage is pinching the wire but it is not even close. Any ideas what kind of sorcery is causing this.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• ok but you only have one thing hooked up to that fuse box...the leds correct?

correct. I do have a night rider light up front but added it after I had this issue. Now that I think about it I have had the night rider led on without the side leds and no issue.

• One item hooked up...it runs fine all day and night in all conditions but shorts out when you put the vehicle in reverse. Problem is you are getting an amperage spike feedback thru the system. I don't understand how when you put it in reverse and you are not running on the reverse circuit how you are getting he feedback only to the new fuse box and not to anything else in the system.

I would try using a different power source to see if that alters it if not that isolate the ground. If it persists after trying both of those The problem could be in the box itself.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• One item hooked up...it runs fine all day and night in all conditions but shorts out when you put the vehicle in reverse. Problem is you are getting an amperage spike feedback thru the system. I don't understand how when you put it in reverse and you are not running on the reverse circuit how you are getting he feedback only to the new fuse box and not to anything else in the system.

I would try using a different power source to see if that alters it if not that isolate the ground. If it persists after trying both of those The problem could be in the box itself.

SSREAPER

Thanks for the input, I was thinking maybe the cheap box I bought. I may get her in the air and run a new power wire just to eliminate that issue. The ground is solid bolted into the frame, I see no issue with ground. I been turning off the lights before backing but sometimes I forget and blow the fuse every freaking time, its driving me nuts because I ran a year with no issues. I had a wire come lose and had to solder it again and the issue started after that. Everything is sealed with shrink or coated with thick layer of silicone. Thanks again

• That should not be causing the problem...technically this should not be happening at all....I could see if you had tied into the reverse circuits but you ran an independent fuse box. direct from batt and using chassis ground.

A weak ground can result in a voltage drop, but the lack of a ground can present even more issues. Once the ground path is no longer available for certain electrical circuits, the first thing the positive energy wants to do is find another way to get to the ground. This could mean a back feed through another circuit.

Your reverse circuit ground could be a problem and it is back feeding thru the chassis.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: