1320 Exhaust "Squeal"

• Need some help trying to rid a squeal or rattle on my 1320 V2 exhaust. I actually think it is one of the springs vibrating that is causing the sound but it is driving me nuts. It hits at between 2250 and 2500 rpm no matter is under acceleration or deceleration. I installed the support brace about two months ago and it has shown up since then so I was thinking that was the problem so I unhooked the brace yesterday and the squeal had a different pitch to it and came along a couple hundred rpms higher but it is still there. I've checked for any sign of exhaust leaks and its not there. I've been experimenting with different positions with the eyelet on the brace that is mounted on the top pipe. Right now it is at the 9 oclock position and there is plenty of tension on the topmost spring. It is the one on the very bottom that I think might be the culprit but I'm not sure. Anyone else had this issue with a 1320? I just don't want to fight that bottom spring again on that thing. I made up new cusswords trying to get that bottom spring on. I like to ride in 4th gear and that is right in the wheelhouse of that rpm range.

• Need some help trying to rid a squeal or rattle on my 1320 V2 exhaust. I actually think it is one of the springs vibrating that is causing the sound but it is driving me nuts. It hits at between 2250 and 2500 rpm no matter is under acceleration or deceleration. I installed the support brace about two months ago and it has shown up since then so I was thinking that was the problem so I unhooked the brace yesterday and the squeal had a different pitch to it and came along a couple hundred rpms higher but it is still there. I've checked for any sign of exhaust leaks and its not there. I've been experimenting with different positions with the eyelet on the brace that is mounted on the top pipe. Right now it is at the 9 oclock position and there is plenty of tension on the topmost spring. It is the one on the very bottom that I think might be the culprit but I'm not sure. Anyone else had this issue with a 1320? I just don't want to fight that bottom spring again on that thing. I made up new cusswords trying to get that bottom spring on. I like to ride in 4th gear and that is right in the wheelhouse of that rpm range.

Good Luck. If you need a hand give me a shout one afternoon after work

• Dunno...
    Personally, I would physically wrench every bolt on the exhaust system. Inspect welds, seams.
    And to rule out a spring reverb... temporarily install a bolt, for a check ride, just undersize of inside diameter of spring to deaden the possible tuning fork effect.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Update: Finally got around to having time to put in the stock exhaust and the 1320 V2 exhaust was the issue. Funny how it only squealed at 2500 rpm with this crack. Hate to spend $$$ on an exhaust that barely lasted 16 months but I think the warranty is only 1 year. Going to just get a cat delete pipe and keep the stock can on there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app